Re: [Peterhead] Surname TOCHER

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2003
      Hi Roy,

      "Roy Flett " wrote:

      > Can anyone help with the identities of William Tocher who married
      > Elizabeth Thomson 30 June 1872 Peterhead or John Tocher who married
      > Rebecca Reid 28 March 1833 Peterhead?

      Peterhead Deaths
      No.25, Margaret Tocher, single, died 15/03/1860 4h 30m am at 72 Kirk
      Street, female, aged 8 years, parents: John Tocher, labourer (dead) and
      Rebecca Tocher ms Reid, cause: Cerebral Struma had for six days,
      informant: Rebecca Tocher, mother, present.

      I didn't find them in the 1851 census.

    • Roy Flett
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2003
        Wade

        Thanks for this.

        I did eventually find the family living in Fraserburgh per the 1851
        census:

        At Back Street

        John Tocher Head 40 labourer b New Deer
        Rebecca Tocher wife 35 b Rathen
        James Tocher son 35 b Peterhead
        John Tocher son 12 b Peterhead
        William Tocher son 10 b Peterhead
        Benjamin Tocher son 7 b Peterhead
        Ann Tocher dau 5 b Peterhead
        Edward Tocher 3 b Peterhead
        Alexander Tocher 1 b Peterhead

        William Tocher who married Elizabeth Thomson was the son of John
        Tocher and Rebecca Reid.

        Roy