second half of 1829 Christenings

  • Cvj
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2003
      Hi group, how you.
      I had a interesting read in the Banff OPR. Most of the christenings list who the baby is named after and on which side, the father or mother's. Would'nt that be great if all the OPR's were like that.
      Hope this list helps someone.
      Best wishes
      Catherine

      2-9-1829
      Alexander Buchan sailor in Peterhead a daughter Barbara Davidson
      Witnesses, William Brown, Andrew Strachan

      4-9-1829
      John Jones sailor in Peterhead a son James
      Witnesses, James Milne Senr and Jnr

      17-4-1829
      David Niddry farmer in Hayfeild a son James
      Witnesses, William Park, Nathaniel Lawrence

      6-7-1829
      Alexander Hutchison merchant in Peterhead a daughter Caroline Lucy
      Witnesses, John and Robert Hutchison

      4-9-1829
      George Allardyce sailor in Peterhead a son John Mithcell
      Witnesses, John Mitchell, James Allardyce

      16-8-1829
      George Brodie shoemaker in Peterhead a daughter Jean
      Witnesses, John Gray, John Johnston

      21-8-1829
      John Davidson flesher in Peterhead a daughter Ann
      Witnesses, William and Alexander Davidson

      9-10-1829
      Thomas Adzel sailor in Peterhead a son John
      Witnesses, Lawrence Norrie, Jean Lawrence

      11-10-1829
      John Noir coachguard in Peterhead a daughter Janet Jaffrey
      Witnesses, James Jaffrey, John Cowie

      14-10-1829
      John Foreman sailor in Peterhead a daughter Elizabeth
      Witnesses, Alexander Imlay, John Henderson

      16-101-1829
      Jonathan Mackenzie cooper in Peterhead a daughter Elisabeth
      Winesses, James Jaffrey, Alexander Youngson

      17-10-1829
      John Black labourer in Peterhead a daughter Mary Gamack
      Witnesses, Neil Farquhar, William Elrick

      17-10-1829
      James Leask sailor in Peterhead a son David
      Witnesses, James Gordon, Peter Buchan

      18-10-1829
      Peter Macdougal sailor in Peterhead a son George
      Witnesses, George and James Gray

      21-10-1829
      Thomas Stepehn sailor in Boddam a daughter Elizabeth
      Witnesses, George and Alexander Stephen

      22-10-1829
      William Begrie ship master in Peterhead a son James
      Witnesses, James and William Hay

      25-10-1829
      Daniel Ross sailor in Peterhead a daughter Ann
      Witnesses, John Martin, Alexander McLeod

      15-10-1829
      James Mackenzie ship master in Peterhead a son Andrew
      Witnesses, Alexander and James Reid

      25-10-1829
      Robert Stephen sailor in Peterhead a daughter Janet
      Witnesses, William Davidson, David Stephen

      25-10-1829
      John Watt joiner in Peterhead a son Adam Gray
      Witnesses, Adam Gray, William Milne

      27-10-1829
      William Wynass (no job listed) in Peterhead a daughter Jean
      Witnesses, William Robertson, Alexander Sim

      30-10-1829
      James Burd farm servant in Clarkhill a daughter Mary
      Witnesses, Alexander and James Barclay

      1-11-1829
      James Allardyce joiner in Peterhead a son James
      Witnesses, Robert Mackay, James Keith

      1-11-1829
      John Mitchell cooper in Peterhead a daughter Ann
      Witnesses, William Symmons, Alexander Emsley

      3-11-1829
      Alexander Monro tailor in Peterhead a son George
      Witnesses, George Gibson, Andrew McLeod

      6-11-1829
      James Murray plasterer in Peterhead a daughter Rachel
      Witnesses, Alexander Baird, Alexander Davidson

      7-11-1829
      Robert McDonald weaver in Peterhead a daughter Elisabeth
      Witnesses, George Mairson, James Cumming

      8-11-1829
      John Webster sailor in Peterhead a daughter Mary Ann
      Witnesses, James and Alexander Duff

      9-11-1829
      William Bruce sailor in Peterhead a daughter Mary
      Witnesses, Alexander Fraser, Alexander Duff

      9-11-1829
      William Birney sailor in Peterhead a son James
      Witnesses, James Allardyce, James Knox

      10-11-1829
      Alexander Grodon mason in Blackhill a daughter Margaret
      Witnesses, John Lumsden, Alexander Gillan

      13-11-1829
      Foster Mackenzie sailor in Peterhead a daughter Elizabeth
      Witnesses, Robert Morrison, John Reid

      15-11-1829
      James Briney sailor in Peterhead a daughter Martha
      Witnesses, David Wilson, John Birney

      15-11-1829
      George Greig sailor in Peterhead a daughter Elspet
      Witnesses, Geroge Greig, William Dalrymple

      15-11-1829
      Peter Groat sailor in Peterhead a daughter Mary
      Witnesses, George Groat, George Willox

      15-11-1829
      John Smith labourer in Peterhead a son Thomas
      Witnesses, James Hutchison, James Cameron

      17-11-1829
      George Taylor quarrier at Blackhill, Dens, a son James
      Witnesses, James Walker, James Johnston

      18-11-1829
      Alexander Farquhar merchant in Peterhead a daughter Elisabeth
      Witnesses, James Levie, John Farquhar

      21-11-1829
      Alexander Bruce fisherman at Boddam a daughter Ann
      Witnesses, William and George Bruce

      22-11-1829
      Alexander Wilson cooper in Peterhead a son Andrew
      Witnesses, John Mitchell, Andrew Wilson

      24-11-1829
      Joseph Stevenson sailor in Peterhead a daughter Helen
      Witnesses, John Cardno, Robert Sangster

      29-11-1829
      John Bowman mason in Peterhead a son George
      Witnesses, John Clark, James Sellar

      6-12-1829
      Samuel Laughton sailor in Peterhead a son Samuel
      Witnesses, Joseph Robertson, John Walker

      6-12-1829
      Alexander Skene ship carpenter in Buchanhaven a son John
      Witnesses, James and Andrew Strachan

      17-12-1829
      George Keith saddler in Peterhead a daughter Janet Forbes
      Witnesses, Keith Forbes, James Hutchison

      20-12-1829
      James Lawson sailor in Peterhead a son Keith Forbes
      Witnesses, Andrew Davidson, John Watt

      20-12-1829
      Robert Robertson sailor in Peterhead a son John
      Witnesses, John Hutchison, John Hay

      21-12-1829
      Robert Ogston labourer in Damhead a daughter Ann
      Witnesses, John Anderson, James Ogston

      21-12-1829
      John Lawrence flesher in Peterhead a daughter Margaret
      Witnesses, John Gray, John McDonald

      27-12-1829
      George Davidson vintner in Peterhead a son George
      Witnesses, Alexander Baird, Alexander davidson

      27-12-1829
      John Hutchison sailor in Peterhead a daughter Grace
      Witnesses, Peter and James Hutchison

      26-12-1829
      George Sanders shoemaker in Peterhead a son James
      Witnesses, James Saunders, Alexander Skinner

    • Linda Adam
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2003
        Catherine,

        Thanks for the second half of the Peterhead Christenings. Can you tell
        me why I missed the first half ? I couldn't locate the message in the
        Archives.
        Regards,
        Linda

        Cvj wrote:

        > Hi group, how you.
        > I had a interesting read in the Banff OPR. Most of the christenings
        > list who the baby is named after and on which side, the father or
        > mother's. Would'nt that be great if all the OPR's were like that.
        > Hope this list helps someone.
        > Best wishes
        > Catherine

      • Cvj
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 30, 2003
          Hi Linda, I'm positive I posted it before Christmas.
          I can't look in my delted file because our hard drive crashed and I lost all
          my deleted and sent messages.
          Just give me a couple of days and I'll type it out again, and I've got 1830
          to post also.
          Catherine
        • Linda Adam
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 30, 2003
            Cvj wrote:
            Hi Catherine, Thanks for going to the trouble to reissue Part One again
            again. Sorry about your hard drive.
            Ill keep a look out for 1830 also. Thanks for invaluable information.
            Linda