Re: [Peterhead] Alexander Cordiner (born 1837, Boddam)

  • Steve Hutchison
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2003
      From: <pictgirl2002@...>
      To: <Peterhead@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 10:26 PM
      Subject: [Peterhead] Alexander Cordiner (born 1837, Boddam)

      > Also, can anyone tell me where my Boddam decendants (Cordiners,
      > Ritchies, Findlay, O'Connell/McConnell, Davidson and Mackie) might be
      > buried? (assuming they could afford a gravestone!) Is there a
      > graveyard in Boddam, or are there MI's available for the Peterhead
      > graveyards they might be buried in?

      Hi Pauline,
      Many Boddam folks are buried in St.Peters Kirkyard on the seafront at
      Peterhead. Searches can be made of the Lairs by the registrars office at a
      charge of £10 per hour. I recently obtained details of about 7 lairs (
      mostly Boddam folks) - very comprehensive information for my £10.
      Email address is registrars@...
      Possible remote connection to Mary Cordiner b.abt 1842 who married Alexander
      Taylor b.abt 1837. The Taylors lived at No.9 A Street, Boddam now Queens
      Road.

      Regards Steve Hutchison
      Family Tree can be seen at
      http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/h/u/t/Stephen-John-Hutchison-Devo
      n/
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2003
        Hi Pauline,

        "pictgirl2002 " wrote:

        > Hello folks!
        > I'm looking for any information on my g-grandfather Alexander
        > Cordiner (fisherman) who was born 10 March 1837 in Boddam and married
        > Mary Janet Cordiner on the 21st Sept 1882 in Boddam.

        Peterhead 1851 Census
        District 20, page 15, No.56, Boddam
        John Cordiner, head, 46, Boddam
        Jane Cordiner, wife, 41, Rosehearty
        James Cordiner, son, 16, Boddam
        Alexander Cordiner, son, 14, Boddam
        Mary Ann Cordiner, daughter, 12, Boddam
        Andrew Cordiner, son, 10, Boddam

        I ddn't record the occupations when transcribing for the index (most
        likely Fisherman)

      • Johnstephen59@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 30, 2003
          some of the cordiners are buried on the outskirts of cruden bay and a few are
          buried in the balmoor grave yard peterhead.i also have relatives who are
          cordiners and still live in boddom.but have never checked their back grounds
          to the extent to see if they match what u r looking for.

          regards john