Alexander Cordiner (born 1837, Boddam)

  • pictgirl2002 <pictgirl2002@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2003
      Hello folks!
      I'm looking for any information on my g-grandfather Alexander
      Cordiner (fisherman) who was born 10 March 1837 in Boddam and married
      Mary Janet Cordiner on the 21st Sept 1882 in Boddam.
      In particular, I can't find his death certificate - despite a damn
      good search on Scotlandspeople.gov! He was still alive at the time
      of Mary Janet's death in 1898.

      Also, can anyone tell me where my Boddam decendants (Cordiners,
      Ritchies, Findlay, O'Connell/McConnell, Davidson and Mackie) might be
      buried? (assuming they could afford a gravestone!) Is there a
      graveyard in Boddam, or are there MI's available for the Peterhead
      graveyards they might be buried in?

      Many Thanks!
      Pauline Cordiner
    • Steve Hutchison
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 28, 2003
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 29, 2003
          Hi Pauline,

          "pictgirl2002 " wrote:

          > Hello folks!
          > I'm looking for any information on my g-grandfather Alexander
          > Cordiner (fisherman) who was born 10 March 1837 in Boddam and married
          > Mary Janet Cordiner on the 21st Sept 1882 in Boddam.

          Peterhead 1851 Census
          District 20, page 15, No.56, Boddam
          John Cordiner, head, 46, Boddam
          Jane Cordiner, wife, 41, Rosehearty
          James Cordiner, son, 16, Boddam
          Alexander Cordiner, son, 14, Boddam
          Mary Ann Cordiner, daughter, 12, Boddam
          Andrew Cordiner, son, 10, Boddam

          I ddn't record the occupations when transcribing for the index (most
          likely Fisherman)

        • Johnstephen59@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 30, 2003
            some of the cordiners are buried on the outskirts of cruden bay and a few are
            buried in the balmoor grave yard peterhead.i also have relatives who are
            cordiners and still live in boddom.but have never checked their back grounds
            to the extent to see if they match what u r looking for.

            regards john