Surname TOCHER

  • Roy Flett <roy.flett@btinternet.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 22, 2003
      Can anyone help with the identities of William Tocher who married
      Elizabeth Thomson 30 June 1872 Peterhead or John Tocher who married
      Rebecca Reid 28 March 1833 Peterhead?
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 15, 2003
        Hi Roy,

        "Roy Flett " wrote:

        > Can anyone help with the identities of William Tocher who married
        > Elizabeth Thomson 30 June 1872 Peterhead or John Tocher who married
        > Rebecca Reid 28 March 1833 Peterhead?

        Peterhead Deaths
        No.25, Margaret Tocher, single, died 15/03/1860 4h 30m am at 72 Kirk
        Street, female, aged 8 years, parents: John Tocher, labourer (dead) and
        Rebecca Tocher ms Reid, cause: Cerebral Struma had for six days,
        informant: Rebecca Tocher, mother, present.

        I didn't find them in the 1851 census.

      • Roy Flett
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 18, 2003
          Wade

          Thanks for this.

          I did eventually find the family living in Fraserburgh per the 1851
          census:

          At Back Street

          John Tocher Head 40 labourer b New Deer
          Rebecca Tocher wife 35 b Rathen
          James Tocher son 35 b Peterhead
          John Tocher son 12 b Peterhead
          William Tocher son 10 b Peterhead
          Benjamin Tocher son 7 b Peterhead
          Ann Tocher dau 5 b Peterhead
          Edward Tocher 3 b Peterhead
          Alexander Tocher 1 b Peterhead

          William Tocher who married Elizabeth Thomson was the son of John
          Tocher and Rebecca Reid.

          Roy