Re: [Peterhead] The Hillock

  • Carolyn Morrisey
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2003
      Thanks to those people who were kind enough to help me with my enquiry
      regarding "The Hillock". The North Street solution is very interesting
      to me. George Baird and other members of the family lived in North
      Street - at various addresses - 14, 31A, 9 and 8 from at least 1871. My
      grandmother, George Baird's grandaughter, sold number 8 after the
      Second World War.
      Margie, thanks for your wonderful information. Not being a local, I
      have to rely on maps a great deal - a 1901 Ordnance Survey map and one
      from the 1970s. I found Great Stuart Street on the latter, but can't
      find Burnie Street. Is it "below" Great Stuart Street - ie between it
      and Brook Lane? Would you happen to know if the houses are numbered
      from the Longate end of North Street?
      Once again, thanks for the help.
      Cheers,
      Carolyn