Forrest

  • usstweedy <aabondanza@aol.Com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 16, 2003
      Hello again Catherine

      Thank you for the offer of the OPR lookup. However I been through
      them so many times that I'm starting to think of everyone in
      Peterhead as my family. The last time I look at the 1851 census I
      wrote everything down except for the birth place of Margaret Forrest.
      So much for doing good research.

      If I come up with anything on the Forrest clan I will let you know.

      Regards
      Jim
    • usstweedy
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2003
        Catherine

        In the 1851 census Margaret forrest is listed as being born in
        Peterhead. The problem with that is in the 1801 Peterhead census
        there are five families of Forrest's

        There is also a Catherine Forrest who married William Allan in 1824,
        Peterhead. Again there is no record of her birth. Catherine died in
        Peterhead in 1871 and her parents are listed as Peter Forrest and
        Ketren Grieve. Do you have any info on these Forrest's?

        Regards
        Jim
      • Alex Ritchie
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2003
          Ref. your Forrest research :

          William Allan (Born c1800) was the son of John Allan (Flax-dresser & Weaver)
          & Elizabeth Bruce.
          (He was a Shipmaster)
          He married Catherine Forrest, daughter of Peter Forrest (Carter) & Catherine
          Grieve on Jan.22nd.1824
          Catherine died on October 5th.1871 (Aged 73) (Death Certificate : 232(Entry
          168)
          He died March 26th.1872 (Aged 72), buried in Lair A228 (Old Cemetery, Phd).

          There is also a William Allan (Born August 17th.1823) son of John Allan
          (Seaman) & Margaret Forrest
          (This William Allan was also a Shipmaster)
          He married Helen Wallace on November 13th.1845. She died March 5th.1905
          (Aged 81)
          William Allan died Jan.30th.1905 (Aged 81), both buried in Lair D14 (Old
          Cemetery, Phd)

          Hope this is of some interest......................Alex Ritchie

          > In the 1851 census Margaret forrest is listed as being born in
          > Peterhead. The problem with that is in the 1801 Peterhead census
          > there are five families of Forrest's
          >
          > There is also a Catherine Forrest who married William Allan in 1824,
          > Peterhead. Again there is no record of her birth. Catherine died in
          > Peterhead in 1871 and her parents are listed as Peter Forrest and
          > Ketren Grieve. Do you have any info on these Forrest's?
          >
          > Regards
          > Jim

        • CCI
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 3, 2003
            Hi Jim,
            Alex has given an answer to you with more info than I could give. Thank's Alex.
            This is what I have;

            On the 1801 census Peter Forrest is living at 142 North Shore, and there is a birth for him about 1770 but no place stated. The recent Forrest records I posted were from Ancestry.com and when I typed in Peter Forrest only records of him as a witness came up, and only in the first quarter of the 1800's.

            For a Catherine Grieve I have her birth as about 1804 but I don't know where about.
            I took off the 1841 census all the Forrest's I could find and Peter was'nt among them unless I missed him or he was dead.

            Wish I could tell you more.
            Best wishes,
            Catherine