Re: Slains

  • Roderick Hay Bain
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 1998
      Fit like ?

      Do take a walk in the dark round the ruins of Slains Castle where Bram
      Stokes got the inspiration for Dracula. Did you experience any drama ?

      Ging in i dark wi yer dookers on an ye'll come out a man--or woman.

      In message <199812221120.VAA21758@...>, Marilyn Lacey
      <m.lacey@...> writes
      >From: Marilyn Lacey <m.lacey@...>
      >
      >Hi Betty,
      >
      >My husband and I were in Cruden Bay earlier this year and took a very
      >pleasant walk out to Slains Castle. We were very interested in the area as
      >my grandmother was born in the cottage at Slains Castle Gardens in 1896, her
      >father being a master gardener. I was told that Slains Castle Gardens was
      >where Bridge House (in Cruden Bay) is today and the gardeners cottage is
      >still there. We had a look around, down a lane where the house is. It is
      >so beautiful there. We just loved it and hope to go back again one day. I
      >would love to find out more about Slains Castle Gardens. Has anyone heard
      >of it.
      >
      >Marilyn

      Dr Roderick Hay Bain