COWIE and ROBERTSON 1891 and 1901 Census

  • herringmonger <edcampbl@shaw.ca>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2003
      Hello Group: I'm a Newbie!

      I have birth extracts that came from Peterhead:

      Mary McKinnon ROBERTSON dob October 12, 1858 born at 18/1 Marishal
      Street.

      Marion Lillie COWIE dob July 02, 1894 born at 30 Marishal Street.

      Annie Adam COWIE dob August 16, 1895 born at 19 Marischal Street

      Marion and Annie are sisters they also had brothers Ben and Robert

      Father was Robert Cowie and mother Mary (previousley Moir or Mair).

      My mother only spoke of living at 81 Broad Street, Peterhead where
      her father operated a bakery (Cowie the Baker)where Annie and Ben
      lived until the 1980s.

      Two answers I'm looking for: Inhabitants at these addresses to
      confirm they seemed to move frequently. Secondly, by knowing who else
      lived in the household this may get me along in my research (I just
      started.)

      Appreciate any info you could provide. Thankyou in advance
      Ed.
    • gregmoir@xtra.co.nz
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30, 2013
        Hi, Mary Robertson was previously married 23 November 1880 to John Moir with whom she had a son William John Moir, died 14 December 1925. John was the son of John Moir & Elisabeth Thom. They are buried in the Constitution Street Cemetery and the rear of the headsone reads: Also in memory of Alex E Moir, died at Sydney, Australia, 20 September 1883, aged 31 and John died at St Helena, 17 February 1885 aged 29, William John son of the above John Moir died 14 December 1925, aged 42 years. I have a tree on Ancestry (Murphy/Moir) which may be helpful. Kind regards. Maureen Moir

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "herringmonger <edcampbl@...>" <edcampbl@...> wrote:

        > Hello Group: I'm a Newbie!
        >
        > I have birth extracts that came from Peterhead:
        >
        > Mary McKinnon ROBERTSON dob October 12, 1858 born at 18/1 Marishal
        > Street.
        >
        > Marion Lillie COWIE dob July 02, 1894 born at 30 Marishal Street.
        >
        > Annie Adam COWIE dob August 16, 1895 born at 19 Marischal Street
        >
        > Marion and Annie are sisters they also had brothers Ben and Robert
        >
        > Father was Robert Cowie and mother Mary (previousley Moir or Mair).
        >
        > My mother only spoke of living at 81 Broad Street, Peterhead where
        > her father operated a bakery (Cowie the Baker)where Annie and Ben
        > lived until the 1980s.
        >
        > Two answers I'm looking for: Inhabitants at these addresses to
        > confirm they seemed to move frequently. Secondly, by knowing who else
        > lived in the household this may get me along in my research (I just
        > started.)
        >
        > Appreciate any info you could provide. Thankyou in advance
        > Ed.

      • Lyn Thomas
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2013

          Hi Group,

          Looks like it has happened again! Someone hacking my yahoo email address.

          Sorry.

          Lyn