John Barclay Davidson & Joseph Davidson

  • Ivo
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2002
      Hi group,

      Is anyone related to the following brothers.
      I've traced John and his faimly to the 1901 census.
      There was also a sister, Maria Davidson born 12 April 1872.
      These two brothers and sister are my great grandfathers siblings, his name James Davidson.

      John Barclay Davidson born 10th Jan 1864, Peterhead
      died 29-5-1939. Coal merchant. 14 Jamaica Street, Peterhead.
      Father, John Davidson
      Mother, Joan Ogston

      John married Barbara Baird, 14th March 1893, Peterhead
      John Davidson, born 6th June 1893
      Alexander Baird Davidson, born 9th Aug 1897
      Barbara Davidson born 28th April 1899
      Catherine Baird Davidson, born 24th Dec 1901

      On the 1901 census, John must be at sea, he was a merchant seaman.
      15 Harbour Street
      Barbara Davidson, seamans wife, 38
      John, Alexander B, Barbara, Catherine

      JOSEPH DAVIDSON
      Have'nt collected much on him yet.
      Joseph Davidson born 15th April 1867
      Father, John Davidson
      Mother, Joan Ogston

      Joseph (seaman) married Kate Butler in Peterhead 1897.
      One child I can find.
      Joan Ogston Davidson, died, 4th Dec 1908, age 11 months. 3 Union Street, Peterhead.
      Cause of death, Whooping cough.

      Best wishes and Merry Christmas,
      Catherine

    • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 2002
        Hi Catherine, There is a Joan OGSTON in one of my family trees. She was
        b. 1831 in Peterhead. Parents John Ogston & Williamina Anderson.
        John was a sea Captain and one of her brothers, Robert was also a
        seaman. Betty.
      • Ivo
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 20, 2002
          Hi Betty, thanks for your reply.

          No my Joan Ogston, and I have her death cert. her parents were John Ogston
          (seaman) and Margaret Calder.
          Joan was 47 on the 1881 census, so she was born about 1834. On her death
          she is 89, so her birth is about 1832, but it is'nt on the IGI.
          But Ogston is not a common name, so maybe down the track they could be
          cousins or something.

          Many thanks again and Merry Christmas from Australia.
          Catherine.