Re: [Peterhead] Re: Peterhead Registrar

  • Mmm16dav@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
      Wade,

      Just in case there is any doubt - the information I sent you came from the
      registrar's office as I rang them after I noted your query,

      Regards,

      Margie

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2002
        Mmm16dav@... wrote:

        > Wade,
        >
        > Just in case there is any doubt - the information I sent you came from
        > the
        > registrar's office as I rang them after I noted your query,
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Margie

        Thanks, I guess I won't be doing much at the Registrar's at that cost
        now.

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2002
          Sam Daniel wrote:

          > I was there in October and they told me that they no longer gave
          > people
          > access to the registry books. However, they did say that they would
          > do
          > a search at a charge of GBP 10.
          >
          > Sam

          Thanks, Sam

          I'll try my luck, hopefully I'll be able to get a look at the books
          again and do some more indexing or I will have to try another source.
          At 10 pounds an hour I won't be doing much, I think they are starting to
          take advantage of the interest from family historians.