Seamen's lists

  • Judy Hand
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2002
      Hi Catherine

      I would be very interested in all the Stewarts on your 1826 list:

      Alexander Stuart, sailor
      James Stewart, sailor
      Hawthorn Stewart, sailor
      George Stewart, sailor.

      Thanks very much,
      Judy

    • Ivo
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2002
        Hi Judy,
        What a beutiful christian name, HAWTHORN.
        Best wishes,
        Catherine

        20-6-1824
        Hawthorn Stuart, sailor in Peterhead had a son baptised and named Alexander.
        Witnesses, John Thom and James Clark.
        5-9-1824
        Alexander Stuart, sailor in Peterhead had a son baptised and named Andrew.
        Witnesses, David Abernethy and John Catto.
        30-10-1825
        Hawthorn Stuart, sailor in Peterhead had a son baptised and named Hawthorn.
        Witnesses, John Thom and James Clark.
        3-12-1825
        George Stewart, sailor in Peterhead had a son baptised and named James.
        Witnesses, Alexander Stewart and George Holm.
        13-8-1826
        Alexander Suart, sailor in Peterhead had a daughter baptised and named
        Elizabeth Webster.
        Witnesses, Andrew and John Catto.
        10-9-1826
        James Stewart, sailor in Peterhead had a daughter baptised and named Mary
        Ann.
        Witnesses, Alexander and William Farquhar.
        14-12-1827
        George Stewart, sailor in Peterhead had a daughter baptised and named
        Margaret.
        Witnesses, Alexander Stewart and George Hollan.
        18-5-1825
        Alexander Suart, sailor in Peterhead had a daughter baptised and named
        Martha.
        Witnesses, Andrew and John Catto.
        1-10-1828
        Hawthorn Stuart, sailor in Peterhead had a daughter baptised and named
        Margaret.
        Witnesses, James Clark and John Hutchison.
        27-7-1822
        Hawthorn Stuart, sailor in Peterhead had a son baptised and named William.
        Witnesses, Robert Forrest and James Clark.
        8-11-1823
        George Stuart, sailor in Peterhead had a daughter baptised and named Elspet.
        Witnesses, Alexander Stuart and David Cruickshanks.