1856 deaths ELLON

  • Ivo
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2002
      Hi group,
      I thought this John Ogston was my family from Peterhead, but it's not, but the notices might help someonme else.
      Catherine

      John Black, single
      died 6th March 1856, 7hr 0min PM
      Tillydeask, Ellon
      age 24 days
      father Hugh Black, agricultural labourer
      mother Margaret Grubb, domestic servant
      cause of death; Haemorrhage from the bowels, 5 days
      as certified by Robert Leys, Surgeon who saw the deceased March 5th
      burial place, Parish church yard, Ellon
      as certified by William Gordon, Undertaker
      Hugh Black, father (present)
      Registered, March 6th 1856 at Ellon
      John Davidson, Registrar

      John Ogston, pauper
      formely agricultural labourer (widower)
      died March 4th 1856, 5hr 30 min PM
      Poor's House, Ellon
      age 72 years
      cause of death; Bronchitis 14 days
      as certified by James Reid M.D. who saw deceased March 3rd
      burial place, Parish church yard, Ellon
      as certified by William Gordon, Undertaker
      William Littlejohn, ? of Poor
      Registered, March 7th 1856 at Ellon
      John Davidson, Registrar

      Charles Angus, single
      died March 6th 1856, 0hr 20 min AM
      Overtown, Ellon
      age 10 months
      father Charles Angus, farm servant
      mother Elspet Angus MS Hay
      cause of death; Hydrocophalus 12 days
      as certified by James Reid M.D. who saw deceased March 5th
      burial place, Parish church yard, Ellon
      as certified by Robert Glashon, Undertaker
      witness, Elspet Angus, mother (present)
      Registered, March 10th 1856 at Ellon
      John Davidson, Registrar