Re: 1851 Peterhead Census

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2002
      Hi Betty,

      "Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes" wrote:

      > Will you please check the census to see if the folloeing are present
      > Robert OGSTON b.abt 1831 Peterhead.His parents [both] die befoe 1851.
      > Robert did not marry until 1856
      > Possible sibs Elizabeth b. abt 1824
      > Catherine b. abt 1826
      > Robert b. abt 1831
      > William b. abt 1836
      > Margaret b. abt 1839
      > All born in Peterhead. Many thanks Betty Holmes.

      District 4, Page 8, No.34, 19 Maiden Street
      Catherine Ogston, head, unmar, 24, ship master's dau, Peterhead
      Elizabeth Anderson, visitor, unmar, 75, farmer widow, Cleish, Fifeshire
      Elizabeth Ogston, sister, unmar, 26, ship master's dau, Peterhead
      Margaret Ogston, sister, unmar, 12, scholar, Peterhead
      Amelia Ogston, sister, unmar, 10, scholar, Peterhead

      Regards, Wade.
    • wbuchan@bigpond.net.au
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
        Hi Martin,

        Sorry for the delay, I'm just starting to catch up on emails again.

        Martin Cope wrote:
        > Would you see if you can fins:-
        > John FORMAN age 32
        > with wife Margaret age 30
        > and son Robert age 2

        1851 Peterhead Census
        District 14, Page 3, No.6, Buchanhaven
        John Forman Jr, Head, 32, Fisherman, Peterhead
        Margaret Forman, wife, 31, Peterhead
        Betsy Forman, daughter, 9, scholar, Peterhead
        William Forman, son, 4, Peterhead
        Robert Forman, son, 2, Peterhead

        Margaret Forman ms Bruce is my 1st Cousin 5th Removed. I have attached a Family Group Sheet on this family. Let my know if this matches your ancestors.