Ogston seamen 1853-57

  • Ivo
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2002
      Hi group, how are you.
      One name I'm researching is Ogston.
      Here are some Ogston's and what details I could read.
      Catherine

      ROBERT OGSTON age 22, 23, 24, 25, born Peterhead.
      (in the ages collum it had Canada written)
      OUT 1853 Lady of Bashan? or Buchan?, London
      HOME 1853 Lady of Bashan? or Buchan, London

      OUT 1854 Bommerce? of Peterhead
      HOME ????

      OUT 1854 Banada? of London
      HOME ?

      OUT 1854 ?abrina of London
      OUT 1854 ?
      OUT 1854 ? of Peterhead

      HOME 1855 Prince ? of London

      HOME 1856 14pound (money) 5s. Palace of London
      HOME 1856 ?th of Peterhead

      JAMES OGSTON age 19, born New Deer
      OUT 1854 Queen of Peterhead
      HOME ? of London

      OUT 1854 ?
      OUT 1855 ? of ? of Peterhead

      HOME 1856 ?uda-ted of Peterhead

      ALEXANDER OGHTAN age 44,45, born Peterhead
      HOME 1854 Intrepid of Peterhead
      HOME 1855 Active of Peterhead
      HOME 1856 Active of Peterhead

      JOHN OGSTON age 58, born New Aberdour
      OUT 1854 Eclipse of Peterhead

      ALEXANDER OGSTON age 20, 21, 22, born Peterhead
      OUT 1854 ?
      OUT 1854 Cha? of London
      HOME 1854 Ken?ton of Peterhead
      HOME 1855 Chaut-l-? of London and New York
      HOME 1855 W of Ulversh? of Hull
      HOME 1856 Dublin of Peterhead
      HOME 1856 Sin? Brown?

      ADAM OGSTON age 22, 23, born Peterhead
      OUT 1853 Millman?
      HOME 1855 Millman? of Belfast 8pound (money) 10s

      GEORGE OGSTON age 20-21, born Peterhead
      OUT 1854 Prince Packa? of Aberdeen
      HOME 1855 Challenger of London

      ROBERT OGSTON age 24, born Peterhead
      OUT 1853 Palace

      GEORGE OGSTON age 20, born Peterhead
      HOME 1856 Oman Parka? of Aberdeen

    • S.J.Inkster
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
        Catherine
        I have a Robert Ogston married June 19,1803, Cruden to Elspet Skene. I have only found four children for them : Elspet, James, Margaret and Alexander. The daughter
        Margaret married William Geddes in Cruden 1830.

        Sharon

      • Ivo
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
          Hi Sharon, thanks for your message.

          The Ogston's I'm following are in Peterhead, so far.
          But this is what I have.

          John Ogston. Possible births.
          4th Feb 1792, father John
          or
          5th May 1794, father Robert.
          Have'nt found John Ogston's death yet.
          He married Margaret Calder 12th Feb 1824 Peterhead.
          Their daughter Joan was born 23rd Jan 1831 Peterhead.
          Joan married John Davidson 3rd Nov 1850.
          Their children;
          James born 1852 (he is my great grandfather) seaman, he married Agnes
          Forrest.
          David born 1854 died ?
          John born 1858 died 1858
          John born 1859 died 1861
          John Barclay born 1864, seaman he married ?
          Joseph born 1867, seaman he married Kate Butler 1897
          William Hogg born 1870 died 1870
          Maria born 1872, she married ?

          Best wishes,

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 7, 2002
            Hi Catherine,

            Ivo wrote:

            > John Barclay born 1864, seaman he married ?

            John Barclay Davidson, coal merchant married to Barbara Baird died
            29/5/1939 3h 0m am at 14 Jamaica Street, male aged 75 years, parents:
            John Davidson, joiner (journ) (deceased) and Joan Davidson ms Ogston
            (deceased), cause: cancer of colon several months, informant: ?
            Davidson, son, present, 35 Grange Gardens, Peterhead.

            I might be able to email you the image, if not I can snail mail a copy
            of the certificate if you wish.

          • Ivo
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 7, 2002
              Hi Wade,
              Thankyou for that info, either way would do.
              197 Anzac Terrace,
              Bassendean, 6054
              Perth, W.A.

              Best wishes,