davidson

  • usstweedy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2002
      Hello again Cathi

      I forgot to mention in my last e-mail, that all the Davidson's that I
      have been able to track here in the US all landed in the same place,
      Philadelphia, PA. Then when some of the Allan's came to the US, they
      would stay with a aunt, uncle or cousin. All were Davidson and all
      live in Philadelphia. PA. So who the first Davidson to cross the
      pond? I believe it was John Davidson born in 1817.
      I don't know if you use the LDS web site, but it has just been up
      dated to include the 1880 US census and 1881 census for Canada and
      the UK. When I input the name John Davidson born 1817, Scotland I got
      a hit in the US 1880 census. This John Was born 1817, Scotland, Age
      63,married, occupation, cotton weaver, and was living in
      PHILADELPHIA, PA. I don't know if this the right John but I'll try
      and track it down.
      Cheers
      Jim

      PS: When Helen Davidson, nee, Allan came to the US in 1909, her first
      stop was Phildelphia PA.
    • Cathi
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2002
        Jim,
        Philadelphia would be correct for Ninian's line of Davidson's. Ninian came
        to the US in 1896. I got this off the 1910 federal US census. It appears
        that your tracking the wrong John Davidson. Ninian's father (John) was a
        flesher. I had gotten this information off the marriage certificate for
        John and Helen (Allan) Davidson.

        Please email direct or maybe we could get into a chat room.
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Peterhead Genealogy at http://www.axs.com.au/~wsb/