allan, wallace and davidson

  • usstweedy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2002
      Hello Cathi

      It looks like we are back door cousins. I have been researching the
      above family names for the past six years. I have the allans from 1760
      to present, the wallace's from 1798 to present and some of the
      Davidson's. It was just afew months ago that I found that Helen Allan
      came the the USA in 1909 with her son William. There are many more
      Davidsons that came to the states and I'm still trying to sort that
      out. I lost track on Ninian, however I did find a ninian davidson
      being married in 1896 to a Wilhamina Field in Dundee. But from the
      information you supplied it look like that is wrong. Let me know what
      you need. As a introduction I am James Allan and I reside in New York
      State USA.
      Regards
      Jim
    • Cathi
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2002
        Hi Jim,
        It's wonderful to hear from someone who has actually heard of the name
        Ninian Davidson and a back door cousin at that! I also reside in the states
        Virginia. My name is Cathi Davidson Clarke.

        I could really use any information on the Allan's and Wallace's. The only
        thing that I have on the Allan's is Helen Allan's parents and siblings,
        their date of births and a few date of deaths. On the Wallace's, I have
        Helen Allan's father, William married to Helen Wallace. I've been able to
        identify 3 other siblings for Helen Wallace and I believe her father was
        William Wallace married to a Chisholm.

        As far as the Davidson side, there were 2 Ninian Davidson's born in Scotland
        in 1873. The one that you have identified in Dundee is incorrect if your
        looking for the son of Helen Allan and John Davidson.

        Please contact me at cdclarke@... and I'll send you the
        information that I currently have on Davidson's, Allan's, and Wallace's.
        This also includes sources and IGI numbers. It's quite a bit of info.

        Looking forward to hearing from you.

        Regards,
        Cathi

        It looks like we are back door cousins. I have been researching the
        above family names for the past six years. I have the allans from 1760
        to present, the wallace's from 1798 to present and some of the
        Davidson's. It was just afew months ago that I found that Helen Allan
        came the the USA in 1909 with her son William. There are many more
        Davidsons that came to the states and I'm still trying to sort that
        out. I lost track on Ninian, however I did find a ninian davidson
        being married in 1896 to a Wilhamina Field in Dundee. But from the
        information you supplied it look like that is wrong. Let me know what
        you need. As a introduction I am James Allan and I reside in New York
        State USA.
        Regards
        Jim

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor