MESS and WEBSTER

  • Patricia Lehnerz
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2002
      Hi,

      I am researching a Janet MESS b abt 1816 and John WEBSTER b 1812. They married in St Fergus on 16 Sep 1838. Per the IGI her parents 'may' be James and Sarah MESS.

      From the sketchy information I have I am showing John died 1861 and Janet MESS WEBSTER d. 1868. If someone would have information for their MIs or access to death records, it would be greatly appreciated.

      I have tried to search various news groups and search engines with no luck (try searching MESS - you get the whole internet! ;~).

      Thanks again,

      Patricia

    • Hazel Holt
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 20, 2002
        Patricia, all of the info I have has not been checked with records yet. I will let you have what I have here.

        JAMES MESS
        b. 22 Jan 1780 Peterhead
        d. before 1861
        m. 9 Nov 1811 Peterhead
        SARAH MESS
        d. After 1861

        CHILDREN
        Elspet b. 22 Jul 1812 St.Fergus
        Sarah b. 24 May 1814 St.Fergus
        Janet b. 10 Feb 1816 St.Fergus
        Jean b. 1 Oct 1818 St.Fergus
        Mary Ann b. 2 Oct 1820 St.Fergus
        Margaret b. 18 Oct 1822 St.Fergus
        James b. 13 Aug 1824 St.Fergus
        Maria b. 14 Aug 1827 St.Fergus m. James Urquhart15 Jun 1861 St.Fergus (my g.g grandparents.)

        here is a website that may help in your search. You have to pay for it but I have found it very helpful in finding people.
        www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

      • Patricia Lehnerz
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 20, 2002
          Hazel,

          Thank you! Janet is my gg Grandmother! I'll report any findings to you
          also. I am getting my list together to go back on 'scotlandspeople'. Will
          keep you in mind.

          Regards,
          Patricia