Ritchie/Buchan

  • omaniped
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2002
      HI Everyone - I'm new to the group and am wondering if anyone has
      information about John Ritchie b 15 May 1891 in Rosehearty m Jean Ann
      Noble Buchan b 28 April 1896 Broadsea, d 1941 Peterhead. Jean's
      parents were John Martin Buchan and Jane Crawford. Any info. would
      be welcome.

      Pamela
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 17, 2002
        Hi Pamela,

        omaniped wrote:

        > HI Everyone - I'm new to the group and am wondering if anyone has
        > information about John Ritchie b 15 May 1891 in Rosehearty m Jean Ann
        > Noble Buchan b 28 April 1896 Broadsea, d 1941 Peterhead. Jean's
        > parents were John Martin Buchan and Jane Crawford. Any info. would
        > be welcome.
        >
        > Pamela

        Do you have the details from Jean's birth certificate? This should give
        the parents marriage date. For 6 pounds you can search the Scottish
        birth, death and marriage index and look at a copy of the certificate at
        the following web page: http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.au

        They also have the 1891 and 1901 census.

        For 6 pounds you get 30 credits to use within 24 hours, and it's 1
        credit per search and then 5 credits for each certificate viewed.

        Hope this helps,
        Wade.

      • Pamela Ritchie
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 17, 2002
          Hi Wade, thanks for replying. I do have all the info. on parents, grandparents, etc. I guess what I was looking for was present day people, related to me, through John and Jean Ann.

          Pam
          > HI Everyone - I'm new to the group and am wondering if anyone has
          > information about John Ritchie b 15 May 1891 in Rosehearty m Jean Ann
          > Noble Buchan b 28 April 1896 Broadsea, d 1941 Peterhead. Jean's
          > parents were John Martin Buchan and Jane Crawford. Any info. would
          > be welcome.
          >
          > Pamela

          Do you have the details from Jean's birth certificate? This should give
          the parents marriage date. For 6 pounds you can search the Scottish
          birth, death and marriage index and look at a copy of the certificate at
          the following web page: http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.au

          They also have the 1891 and 1901 census.

          For 6 pounds you get 30 credits to use within 24 hours, and it's 1
          credit per search and then 5 credits for each certificate viewed.

          Hope this helps,
          Wade.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Peterhead Genealogy at http://www.axs.com.au/~wsb/