George Strachan

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2002
      Hi Andy,

      I'm currnetly transcribing the 1869 Marriages for Peterhead and came
      across George Strachan parents Andrew Strachan and Mary Reid married to
      Mary Ritchie. George's death certificate in 1872 gave wife as Rachel
      May, informant father. What information do you have on this branch?
      There is no George/Rachel Strachan family in Buchanhaven in the 1871
      census, but there is George/Mary Strachan at 1 Mid Street. Can't find
      any marriage for a George Strachan and Rachel May.

      Any ideas?