Re: [Peterhead] Peterhead Registry Towns/Districts

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2002
      Hi Barbara,

      The other parishes you mention are all different from Peterhead, which
      is parish of its own. They are part of Aberdeenshire. Try having a
      look at the book "The Parishes, Registers & Registrars of Scotland",
      published by Scottish Association of Family History Societies, this has
      maps of all the parishes in Scotland.

      Auchterless is still part of Aberdeenshire on the border of Banffshire,
      so closer than Dumfriesshire on the border of England.

      Have you been able to find a death, hopefully after 1855, which should
      give parents names. Also have you looked at the Peterhead OPR of the
      marriage details? As it sometimes givs the parish they are each from or
      simply both if this parish.

      Regards, Wade.