Re: [Peterhead] Deaths 1908 and 1920 Davidson

  • 2Barbara Croker
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2002
      Hi Ivo,
      I have Davidson forebears in Peterhead also,. Grace (or Grizzel) Davidson,
      born 16.7.1805 to William Davidson and Barbara CREYK, along with siblings
      Mary b.1803, Elisabeth b.1806, Janet, b.1808, and Anne b.1815. Grace
      married Alexander MILNE on 18.1.1827, and they had 4 children that I know
      of:
      Christian, b. 1841 (my forebear who came to Australia alone)
      Margaret, b.1828, Alexander b.1836 and James b.1839. Any connections?
      Regards Barbara

    • Ivo
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 12, 2002
        Hi Barbara, thanks for your message.

        The earliest I've got to is, James Davidson (born 1781) married to Anne
        Greig, 1805.
        They had John born 1811, Ann born 1813 and Elisabeth born 1815.

        John married Joan Ogston 1850.
        They had, James born 1851 (my great granda), David 1854, John 1859, Joseph
        1867 and William Hogg 1870.

        I don't know if James Davidson born 1781 had any siblings, there is a father
        Alexander to a James Davidson, but I can't find a marriage for Alexander.

        I'll print off your message and keep it, maybe some more info will turn up
        in the future.

        Thanks again for your reply,
        Catherine,
        Perth, Western Australia