Deaths 1908 and 1920

  • Ivo
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2002
      1908
      WHERE AND WHEN DIED
      4th December 1908, 9hr 30 min AM, 50 Longate, Peterhead
      NAME
      Jane Munro (married to James Munro, mason jour) illigitimate
      AGE 28 years
      SEX F
      PARENTS
      James Lowe farm servant (reputed father)
      Isabella Davidson Smith (afterwards married to Peter Anderson, police constable)
      CAUSE OF DEATH
      Cardino diuast ?? syncope (seen after death) As testified by James Middleton WB H.M.?
      INFORMANT
      James Munro widower
      REGISTERED
      4th December 1908, Peterhead, John Morrice Registrar

      WHEN AND WHERE DIED
      2nd December 1908, 6hr 30 min PM, 1 New Street, Roanheads, Peterhead
      NAME Peter Buchan (single)
      AGE 12 1/2 years
      SEX M
      PARENTS
      Peter Buchan fisherman
      Robina Buchan MS Duthie
      CAUSE OF DEATH
      Tubercular Meningitis, as certified by James Middleton WB H.M.?
      INFORMANT
      Peter Buchan father (present)
      REGISTERED
      4th December 1908 Peterhead, John Morrice Registrar

      This is relations to me. Would like to hear from anyone with, Ogston, Davidson and Butler connections.
      WHEN AND WHERE DIED
      4th December 1908, 2hr PM, 3 Union Street Peterhead
      NAME
      Joan Ogston Davidson (single)
      AGE 11 months
      SEX F
      PARENTS
      Joseph Davidson seaman
      Kate Davidson MS Butler
      CAUSE OF DEATH
      Whooping cough bronchitis, as testified by James Smith WB HM?
      INFORMANT
      Joan Davidson grnadmother (present) 8 Union Street
      REGISTERED
      5TH December 1908 at Peterhead, John Morrice Registrar

      1920
      This first entry is my gggrandmother
      WHEN AND WHERE DIED
      23rd February 1920, 10 hr PM, The Parish Home Peterhead. ??? 8 Union Street, Peterhead
      NAME
      Joan Bain widow of 1. John Davidson joiner. 2. James Bain shoemaker.
      AGE 89 years
      SEX F
      PARENTS
      John Ogston seaman
      Margaret Ogston MS Calder
      CAUSE OF DEATH
      Senile degeneration. As testified by James Stephen MD
      INFORMANT
      Duncan Urquhart????? Governor of Parish Home (present)
      REGISTERED
      25th February 1920 at Peterhead. John Morris? Registrar

      WHERE AND WHEN DIED
      25th February 1920, 0hr 5mins PM, 41 Maiden Street Peterhead
      NAME
      John McAlear? Smith
      AGE 19 years
      SEX M
      PARENTS
      Alexander Smith merchant seaman
      Annabella Smith MS Copland (deceased)
      CAUSE OF DEATH
      Acute septic peumonia, 8 days, as certified by John Findlay MB. Ch. B.?
      INFORMANT
      Alexander Smith father (present)
      REGISTERED
      26th February 1920 at Peterhead. John Morris? Registrar

      WHERE AND WHEN DIED
      26th February 1920, 4hr 10min AM, 4 Jamaica Street, Peterhead
      NAME
      David Duthie Buchan
      AGE 3 weeks
      SEX M
      PARENTS
      Alexander Buchan fisherman
      Christina Buchan MS Carle or Carte?
      CAUSE OF DEATH
      Acute bronchitis 5 days, as testified by John Findlay MB. Ch. B.
      INFORMANT
      John Buchan cousin, 1 St. Andrew Street Peterhead
      REGISTERED
      26th February 1920 at Peterhead, John Morris Registrar

    • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2002
        I am back again at my Diverall & Bruce research in Peterhead. Some time
        ago there was a message from Ivo re death records. One of them was for a
        Joan Bain age 89 who died in1920. Her parents were John OGSTON seaman
        and Margaret Ogston ms CALDER. Who was JOHN OGSTON's father-do you know?
        Betty.