Re: [Peterhead] 1851 census

  • i.l.tilbury
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 7 11:55 PM
      Cindy
      I have Eliza Warrender B. Abt. 1879.
      Married 28 Dec. 1898 in Peterhead Aberdeen , src; Marr Peterhead
      1898/232-1/98; D. 24 April 1951 in Aberdeen , SCR;confirmation and
      Inventories 1951
      The Benzie is Ian Warrender Benzie
      A man some time ago sent a whole lot of Benzie familys
      I have a Ann Kean my family married to a James Benzie
      On this paper there is a Dr Robert James
      Benzie married to Ruth van Gelder
      The family came from Oyne in Aberdeenshire
      Lyn
      ==================================
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 19 9:26 PM
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 28 3:10 AM
          Hi John,

          john ingleton wrote:

          > Please could you search your 1851 database for my ancestors. Georgina
          > FOSTER born in Peterhead 1846/47, she was 19 in August 1866. Her
          > parents were John FOSTER and Janet FOSTER. John FOSTER's occupation
          > was a seaman/sailor/whaler.

          1851 Peterhead Census
          District 8, Page 4, No.21, North Street
          Jessie Cambell, head, unmar, 28, Peterhead
          John Foster, son, 8, Portgarden, Banff
          Georgina Foster, daughter, 5, Peterhead
          Isabella Foster, daughter, 3, Peterhead
          Alexander Foster, son, 6 months, Peterhead

          No.20 (could be related)
          Isabella Campbell, head, widow, 57, Buckie, Banff
          Jane Campbell, daughter, unmar, 23, Peterhead
          Mary Campbell, daughter, unamr, 15, Peterhead

          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 10, 2002
            Hi Cindy,

            jim and cindy gustafson wrote:

            > Hello,When you have time, please will you tell me if you have a
            > William Dougal(l) living in Peterhead in 1851.Thank you.Cindy
            > Gustafson

            District 9, Page 14, No.79, Backgate Street
            William Dougal, head, 53, Dumblains (probably Dumblane), Perthsire
            Ann Dougal, wife, 58, Fraserburgh
            Ann Dougal, daughter, 20, Fraserburgh
            Peter Dougal, son, 16, Fraserburgh

            wife's maiden name is Rennie..

          • Sam Daniel
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 12, 2002
              Hi Wade,

              Any chance that you look to see if any Daniels are buried in the
              St Peter's Churchyard.

              Best wishes
              --
              Sam Daniel

              researching Daniel, Dick and Strachan
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 21, 2002
                Hi Sam,

                Sam Daniel wrote:

                > Hi Wade,
                >
                > Any chance that you look to see if any Daniels are buried in
                > the
                > St Peter's Churchyard.

                Sorry for the delay.

                Lair A42
                Ann Daniel, age 84, date of burial: 8/3/1845
                Margaret Webster, age 75, date of burial: 21/4/1847
                William Noble, age 79, date of burial: 22/11/1858