Re: [Peterhead] 1851 census

  • dmatt
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 7 1:21 PM
      Lyn,

      Is this family related to the Benzie family , let me know if you know that .
      >I have a Benzie with the Warrender as a middle name

      I am interested in the Benzie/s families (mine came from Deskford,
      Banffshire). Would you like to exchange information?.

      David
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 7 7:15 PM
        Dear Lyn,

        I have not found a Benzie yet, but I have just begun to try to find the relatives. If I find a Benzie I'll let you know.

        Cindy

      • i.l.tilbury
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 7 11:55 PM
          Cindy
          I have Eliza Warrender B. Abt. 1879.
          Married 28 Dec. 1898 in Peterhead Aberdeen , src; Marr Peterhead
          1898/232-1/98; D. 24 April 1951 in Aberdeen , SCR;confirmation and
          Inventories 1951
          The Benzie is Ian Warrender Benzie
          A man some time ago sent a whole lot of Benzie familys
          I have a Ann Kean my family married to a James Benzie
          On this paper there is a Dr Robert James
          Benzie married to Ruth van Gelder
          The family came from Oyne in Aberdeenshire
          Lyn
          ==================================

        • Scotshldy@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 19 9:26 PM
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 28 3:10 AM
              Hi John,

              john ingleton wrote:

              > Please could you search your 1851 database for my ancestors. Georgina
              > FOSTER born in Peterhead 1846/47, she was 19 in August 1866. Her
              > parents were John FOSTER and Janet FOSTER. John FOSTER's occupation
              > was a seaman/sailor/whaler.

              1851 Peterhead Census
              District 8, Page 4, No.21, North Street
              Jessie Cambell, head, unmar, 28, Peterhead
              John Foster, son, 8, Portgarden, Banff
              Georgina Foster, daughter, 5, Peterhead
              Isabella Foster, daughter, 3, Peterhead
              Alexander Foster, son, 6 months, Peterhead

              No.20 (could be related)
              Isabella Campbell, head, widow, 57, Buckie, Banff
              Jane Campbell, daughter, unmar, 23, Peterhead
              Mary Campbell, daughter, unamr, 15, Peterhead

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 10, 2002
                Hi Cindy,

                jim and cindy gustafson wrote:

                > Hello,When you have time, please will you tell me if you have a
                > William Dougal(l) living in Peterhead in 1851.Thank you.Cindy
                > Gustafson

                District 9, Page 14, No.79, Backgate Street
                William Dougal, head, 53, Dumblains (probably Dumblane), Perthsire
                Ann Dougal, wife, 58, Fraserburgh
                Ann Dougal, daughter, 20, Fraserburgh
                Peter Dougal, son, 16, Fraserburgh

                wife's maiden name is Rennie..

              • Sam Daniel
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 12, 2002
                  Hi Wade,

                  Any chance that you look to see if any Daniels are buried in the
                  St Peter's Churchyard.

                  Best wishes
                  --
                  Sam Daniel

                  researching Daniel, Dick and Strachan
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 21, 2002
                    Hi Sam,

                    Sam Daniel wrote:

                    > Hi Wade,
                    >
                    > Any chance that you look to see if any Daniels are buried in
                    > the
                    > St Peter's Churchyard.

                    Sorry for the delay.

                    Lair A42
                    Ann Daniel, age 84, date of burial: 8/3/1845
                    Margaret Webster, age 75, date of burial: 21/4/1847
                    William Noble, age 79, date of burial: 22/11/1858