Re: [Peterhead] 1851 census

  • i.l.tilbury
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 6, 2002
      Dear Cindy
      Is this family related to the Benzie family , let me know if you know that .
      I have a Benzie with the Warrender as a middle name
      Lyn
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 7, 2002
        Lyn,

        Is this family related to the Benzie family , let me know if you know that .
        >I have a Benzie with the Warrender as a middle name

        I am interested in the Benzie/s families (mine came from Deskford,
        Banffshire). Would you like to exchange information?.

        David
        >Is this family related to the Benzie family , let me know if you know that
        .
        >I have a Benzie with the Warrender as a middle name
        >Lyn

      • cindy
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 7, 2002
          Dear Lyn,

          I have not found a Benzie yet, but I have just begun to try to find the relatives. If I find a Benzie I'll let you know.

          Cindy

        • i.l.tilbury
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 7, 2002
            Cindy
            I have Eliza Warrender B. Abt. 1879.
            Married 28 Dec. 1898 in Peterhead Aberdeen , src; Marr Peterhead
            1898/232-1/98; D. 24 April 1951 in Aberdeen , SCR;confirmation and
            Inventories 1951
            The Benzie is Ian Warrender Benzie
            A man some time ago sent a whole lot of Benzie familys
            I have a Ann Kean my family married to a James Benzie
            On this paper there is a Dr Robert James
            Benzie married to Ruth van Gelder
            The family came from Oyne in Aberdeenshire
            Lyn
            ==================================

          • Scotshldy@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 19, 2002
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 28, 2002
                Hi John,

                john ingleton wrote:

                > Please could you search your 1851 database for my ancestors. Georgina
                > FOSTER born in Peterhead 1846/47, she was 19 in August 1866. Her
                > parents were John FOSTER and Janet FOSTER. John FOSTER's occupation
                > was a seaman/sailor/whaler.

                1851 Peterhead Census
                District 8, Page 4, No.21, North Street
                Jessie Cambell, head, unmar, 28, Peterhead
                John Foster, son, 8, Portgarden, Banff
                Georgina Foster, daughter, 5, Peterhead
                Isabella Foster, daughter, 3, Peterhead
                Alexander Foster, son, 6 months, Peterhead

                No.20 (could be related)
                Isabella Campbell, head, widow, 57, Buckie, Banff
                Jane Campbell, daughter, unmar, 23, Peterhead
                Mary Campbell, daughter, unamr, 15, Peterhead

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 10, 2002
                  Hi Cindy,

                  jim and cindy gustafson wrote:

                  > Hello,When you have time, please will you tell me if you have a
                  > William Dougal(l) living in Peterhead in 1851.Thank you.Cindy
                  > Gustafson

                  District 9, Page 14, No.79, Backgate Street
                  William Dougal, head, 53, Dumblains (probably Dumblane), Perthsire
                  Ann Dougal, wife, 58, Fraserburgh
                  Ann Dougal, daughter, 20, Fraserburgh
                  Peter Dougal, son, 16, Fraserburgh

                  wife's maiden name is Rennie..

                • Sam Daniel
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 12, 2002
                    Hi Wade,

                    Any chance that you look to see if any Daniels are buried in the
                    St Peter's Churchyard.

                    Best wishes
                    --
                    Sam Daniel

                    researching Daniel, Dick and Strachan
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 21, 2002
                      Hi Sam,

                      Sam Daniel wrote:

                      > Hi Wade,
                      >
                      > Any chance that you look to see if any Daniels are buried in
                      > the
                      > St Peter's Churchyard.

                      Sorry for the delay.

                      Lair A42
                      Ann Daniel, age 84, date of burial: 8/3/1845
                      Margaret Webster, age 75, date of burial: 21/4/1847
                      William Noble, age 79, date of burial: 22/11/1858