Re: Milne & Davidson families, Peterhead

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2002
      Hi Barbara,

      2Barbara Croker wrote:

      > I presume that Grace (Grissel) MILNE (ms DAVIDSON) born, I think, 16.7.1805
      > to parents William DAVIDSON & Barbara CREYK (I could be wrong about her
      > birth & Parents), died in or soon after childbirth & the birth of her last
      > child, daughter, Christian born 1841, but I cant find her death in the IGI.

      The IGI does not have deaths recorded. You will also not find a death
      certificate pre 1855 in Scotland. You will need to look at the Peterhead OPR
      to see if any death is recorded for Grace after 1841.

      > Also her husband, Alexander MILNE born either 1800 to Thomas MILNE and
      > Margaret MURISON, or on 12.9.1802 at St. Fergus, to different parents (not
      > sure which is he). He was still alive in 1859 when son James, born 1837 ?

      No.17, Alexander Milne, cooper widower of Grace Davidson, died 24/1/1863 10h am
      at 18 Keith Street, male, 60 years, parents: James Milne, farmer (dead) and
      Grace Milne ms Willox (dead), cause: chronic inflammation of spine, had for 7
      weeks, informant: James Milne, son, not present, 18 Merchant Street.