Milne & Davidson families, Peterhead

  • 2Barbara Croker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2002
      Hi Wade,
      Am I still on the Peterhead group mailing list. I have not received any
      mail for a while and I thought I'd check. I also sent you an email a week
      or so ago, and I wondered if you'd received it. I'm new to this technology.
      Regards, Barbara

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5 4:54 AM
        Hi Barbara,

        2Barbara Croker wrote:

        > I presume that Grace (Grissel) MILNE (ms DAVIDSON) born, I think, 16.7.1805
        > to parents William DAVIDSON & Barbara CREYK (I could be wrong about her
        > birth & Parents), died in or soon after childbirth & the birth of her last
        > child, daughter, Christian born 1841, but I cant find her death in the IGI.

        The IGI does not have deaths recorded. You will also not find a death
        certificate pre 1855 in Scotland. You will need to look at the Peterhead OPR
        to see if any death is recorded for Grace after 1841.

        > Also her husband, Alexander MILNE born either 1800 to Thomas MILNE and
        > Margaret MURISON, or on 12.9.1802 at St. Fergus, to different parents (not
        > sure which is he). He was still alive in 1859 when son James, born 1837 ?

        No.17, Alexander Milne, cooper widower of Grace Davidson, died 24/1/1863 10h am
        at 18 Keith Street, male, 60 years, parents: James Milne, farmer (dead) and
        Grace Milne ms Willox (dead), cause: chronic inflammation of spine, had for 7
        weeks, informant: James Milne, son, not present, 18 Merchant Street.