Re: Death index look ups

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2002
      Hi Pam,

      Scotshldy@... wrote:

      > When it's convenient for you, I would appreciate your help with the
      > following death look ups.
      >
      > AIKEN, Margaret b. 1867 d. 1868 Ref# 187

      No.187, Maragret Aiken, single, died 7/12/1868 7h am at Roneheads,
      female, aged 1, parents:" Andrew Aiken, soldier (71st Regt.) and
      Isabella Aiken ms Cameron, cause: unknown, no medical attendant,
      informant: Maragret Cameron, her x mark, aunt, present, inmate.

      > GRANT, Janet b. 1791 d. 1868 Ref# 58

      No.58, Janet Grant married to George Grant shoemaker, died 28/4/1868 2h
      30m am at 5 Crooked Lane, female, aged 77 years, parents: Alexander
      Nicol, gardener (dead) and Ann Nicol ms Smith (dead), cause: gradual
      decay, no medical attendant, informant: John Black married to
      grand-daughter, not present, 22 Backgate.

      > GRANT, James b. 1822 d. 1865 Ref# 85

      No.85, James Grant, cabinet maker married to Mary Mitchell, died
      20/6/1865 3h 45m pm at 5 Crooked Lane, male, aged 43 years, parents:
      George Grant, shoemaker and Janet Grant ms Nicol, cause: Phthisis, had
      for 7 months, informant: George Grant, son, present.

      > McKENZIE, John b. 1762 d. 1859 Ref# 13.2

      Part 2, No.13, John McKenzie, crofter married to Elizabeth McLennan,
      died 23/4/1859 3h am at Stirlinghill, male, aged 97 years, parents:
      John McKenzie, farmer (dead) and Mary McKenzie ms Cameron (dead),
      cause: unknown, no medical attendant, informant: James Bruce,
      son-in-law, occupier, present.

      > McGEE, Isabella b.1796 d. 1865 Ref# 26

      No.26, Isabella McGee, widow of James McGee, fisherman, died 22/2/1865
      9h am at Burnhaven, female, aged 69 years, parents: James Reid,
      fisherman (dead) and Margaret Reid ms Williamson (dead), cause: general
      scrofula, had for many years, informant: George McGee, son, present,
      neighbour.

      > MACGEE, Helen Ann b. 1865 d. 1866 Ref# 151

      No.151, Helen Ann McGee, single, died 15/8/1866 9h am at Crooked LAne,
      female, aged 13 months, parents: William MacGee, fisherman Buchanhaven
      and Margaret MacGee ms Bruce, cause: unknown, informant: William MacGee,
      his x mark, present.