DAVIDSON surname 1861 census

  • Ivo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2002
      Hi group,
      I don't have the 1861 census on hire at the moment, I took these details a while ago.
      They might help someone else.
      There are a few other names such as Thomson, Petrie, McIntosh, as lodgers, neices etc.
      Catherine

      2 ELLIS ATREET
      Robert Davidson, H,M, 29, cooper, Peterhead
      Margaret, W, M, 29, Peterhead
      Elizabeth K, dau, 4, Peterhead
      Ann B, dau, 2, Peterhead
      George, son, 15 days, Peterhead

      3 NORTH STREET
      Jean Davidson, W, 43, dom servant, Peterhead

      10/1 NORTH STREET
      James Davidson, H,M, 26, ships carpenter, Peterhead
      Mary, W,M, 26, Peterhead
      James, son, 6, scholar, Peterhead
      Mary, dau, 2, Peterhead
      Margaret, dau, 10 months, Peterhead

      17
      NORTH STREET
      James Davidson, H,M, 39, shoemaker, Peterhead
      Jane, W,M, 38, Peterhead
      Alexander, son, U, 18, ships carpenter, Peterhead
      Isabella, dau, 15, servant, Peterhead
      John, son, 13, shoemaker, Peterhead
      William, son, 11, scholar, Peterhead
      George, son, 8, scholar, Peterhead
      Elizabeth, dau, 5, scholar, Peterhead
      Margaret, dau, 3, Peterhead

      20/4 NORTH STREET
      William Davidson, H,M, 33, ships carpenter, Peterhead
      Jessie, W,M, 25, ?
      Elizabeth, dau, 5, scholar, Peterhead
      William, son, 3, Peterhead
      John, son, Peterhead

      21 NORTH STREET
      John Davidson, H,M, 64, flesher, Peterhead
      Elizabeth, W,M, 67, Peterhead
      James Davidson, g/son, U, 20, ships carpenter, Peterhead

      30/2 LONGATE STREET
      Jane Davidson, W, 44, boarding house keeper, Strichen
      Elizabeth Petrie, dau, U, 17, servant, Strichen
      Alexander Davidson, son, 5, scholar, Peterhead
      Margaret Davidson, H,M, 35, seamans wife, Peterhead
      Jane, dau, 12, scholar, Peterhead
      Margaret, dau, 7, scholar, Peterhead
      Ann, dau, 11 months, Peterhead
      John, son, 5, scholar, Peterhead

      21/1 BACKGATE STREET
      James Davidson, H,M, 26, hostler, Longside
      Ann, W,M, 24, Longside

      20 BACKGATE STREET
      Mary Davidson, H,M, 46, seamans wife, Crimond

      15 CHAPEL STREET
      John Davidson, H,M, 42, ships carpenter, Longside
      Margaret, W,M, 45, Longside
      John, son, 12, scholar, Peterhead
      James, son, 6, scholar, Peterhead

      WINDMILL STREET
      James Davidson, H,M, 26, blacksmith, Aberdour
      Mrageret, W,M, 24, Inverness

      41/5 QUEEN STREET
      Isabella Davidson, H,W, 67, stocking knitter, St. Forgue

      45 QUEEN STREET
      Robert Davidson, H,U, 40, ? dealer, Ellon

      59 MARISCHALL STREET
      Robert Davidson, H,M, 20, seaman, Peterhead
      Margaret, W,M, 20, Aberdour

      4 BACK STREET
      Alexander Davidson, lodger, U, 22, tailor, Peterculter

      23 ERROL STREET
      James Davidson, H,M, 36, labourer, Old Deer
      Margaret, W,M, 30, Belhelvie
      Jean, dau, scholar, 7, Peterhead
      James, son, 4, Peterhead
      Elisabeth, dau, 2, Peterhead

      25 ST. PETERS STREET
      Alexander Davidson, H,M, 36, butcher, Peterhead
      Margaret, W,M, 34, Fraserburgh
      Margaret, dau, 11, scholar, Peterhead
      Ann, dau, 9, scholar, Peterhead
      Patrick B, son, 3, Peterhead
      Isabella B, dau, 3, Peterhead
      James, son, 1, Peterhead

      UFIE? STREET
      John Davidson, H,M, 42, flesher, Peterhead
      Isabella, W,M, Peterhead
      John, son, U, 21, flesher, Peterhead
      Elizabeth, dau, U, 20, Peterhead
      Alexander, son 12, scholar, Peterhead
      James, son, 11, scholar, Peterhead
      Mary Ann, dau, 7, scholar, Peterhead
      Jamesina, dau 5, scholar, Peterhead
      Charles, son, 3, Peterhead
      Margaret, dau, 1, Peterhead

      22JAMES STREET
      James Davidson, boarder, U, 24, cooper, Peterhead

      21 JAMES STREET
      Helen Davidson, servant, U, 25, Peterhead

      4 CHARLOTTE STREET
      George Davidson, H,M, 36, engineer and machine maker, New Machar
      Margaret, W,M, 46, Ra?in
      Alexander, son, U, 14, New Machar

      33 MERCHANT STREET
      Christina Davidson, H,W, 70, lodging house keeper, Longside

      6 UPHILL LANE
      Elizabeth Davidson, H,U, 45, dressmaker, Peterhead

      23 MARISCHALL STREET
      James Davidson, H,M, 39, master shoemaker, Cruden
      Helen, W,M, 42, Peterhead
      William, son, 13, scholar, Peterhead
      James, son, 11, scholar, Peterhead
      John, son, 8, scholar, Peterhead
      Alexander, son, 6, scholar, Peterhead
      Ellen, dau, 1, Peterhead

      4 ERROL STREET
      Isabella Davidson, H, 72, Forfar

      11 JAMES STREET
      Nathaniel Davidson, H,M, 27, cooper, Longside
      Jane, W,M, 28, Longside
      Alexander McIntosh, son, 4, Longside
      Nathaniel, son, 1, Longside

      4 BROAD STREET
      Joan Davidson, H,W, 59, housekeeper,

      18 HARBOUR STREET
      Margaret Davidson, servant, U, 66, housekeeper general servant, Longside

      2 SEAGATE STREET
      John Davidson, H,M, 38, cooper, Peterhead
      Annie M, W,M, 33, Lewis

      26 LONG STREET
      Thomas Davidson, H,M, 23, cooper, Peterhead
      ? , W,M, 23 Peterhead

      10 LONGATE STREET
      Mary Davidson, H,W, 76, housekeeper, Peterhead
      Edward, son, U, 40, seaman, Peterhead
      Edward Spence, g/son, 14, grocers asst, Peterhead

      40 LONGATE STREET
      Elizabeth Davidson, H,M, 25, seamans wife, Peterhead
      Alexaneer, son, 3, Peterhead

      50 LONGATE STREET
      ?ds Davidson, H,W, 69, retired shoemaker, Cruden

      60 LONGATE STREET
      John Davidson, H,M, 24, stonecutter, Peterhead
      Mary Jane, W,M, 20, Peterhead
      Mary J, dau, 1, Peterhead
      William, son, 3 months, Peterhead

      6 FISH LANE
      John Davidson, H,M, 78, seaman, Longside
      Ann, W,M, 68, Peterhead
      Eliza Matheson, neice, U, 22, Aberdeen
      John D. Macintosh, g/child, 8, scholar, Peterhead

      9 FISH LANE
      John Davidson, H,M, 44, seaman, Peterhead
      Isabella, W,M, 40, fisherwoman, Peterhead
      John, son, 15, cooper, Peterhead

      28 SEAGATE STREET
      Elizabeth Davidson, servant, U, 15, gen domestic servant, Old Deer

      22b NORTH STREET
      George Davidson, H,M, 56, labourer, Peterhead
      Elizabeth, W,M, 43, Peterhead
      John, son, 16, carter, Peterhead
      Robert, son, scholar, 9, Peterhead
      Douglas, son, 5, scholar, Peterhead
      Barbara, dau, 2, Peterhead
      William, D. Davidson, g/son, 10 months, Peterhead

      19 PORT HENRY ROAD
      Alexander Davidson, H,M, 35, cooper, Peterhead
      Margaret U. Davidson, W,M, 34, Peterhead
      William U. Davidson, son, 6, scholar, Peterhead
      James, son, 4, Peterhead
      Alexander, son, 2, Peterhead

      36 PORT HENRY ROAD
      Isabella Davidson, servant, U, 20, dom servant, Peterhead

      1? RONHEADS
      George Davidson, H,M, 40, slater, Peterhead
      Annie, W,M, 41, New Pitsligo
      Andrew, son, U, 18, apprentice slater, Peterhead
      George, son, 13, scholar, Peterhead
      Uaggie, dau, 12, scholar, Peterhead
      Janet, dau, 10, scholar, Peterhead
      Annie, dau, 5, scholar, Peterhead
      William, son, 3, Peterhead

      24 RONHEADS
      Christina Davidson, H, U, 17, fishworker, Peterhead

      77 LORRGATE?
      Alexaner Davidson, H,M, 49, gas stoker, Peterhead
      Ann, W,M, 49, Peterhead
      Margaret A. dau, U, 20, dom servant, Peterhead
      James, son, U, 18, brewers asst, Peterhead
      'David, son, 16, confectioner, Peterhead
      William, son, 14, message boy, Peterhead
      Jemima? S. dau, 11, scholar, Peterhead
      Peterh, son, 10, scholar, Peterhead
      ????? , 6, scholar, Peterhead
      Robert A. son, 3 weeks, Peterhead

      NORTH STREET
      Bella Davidson, servant, U, 21, dom servant, Longside

      37 NORTH STREET
      Marjory Davidson, W, M, 44, sailors wife, Peterhead
      Elizabeth, dau, 15, dom servant, Peterhead
      James, son, 13, carter, Peterhead
      Willie, son 11, scholar, Peterhead
      Maggie J. dau, 9 scholar, Peterhead
      John, son, 7, scholar, Peterhead
      Anna B. dau, 5,Peterhead
      Sophia, dau, 3, Peterhead
      Alice, dau, 1 Peterhead

      12 WINDMILL STREET
      James Davidson, H,M, 63, seaman, Peterhead
      Helen, W.M, 38, fish worker, Portmackie, Banfshire
      Helen Co. dau, 5, scholar, Peterhead
      Mary, dau, 2, Peterhead

      1 WINDMILL STREET
      Bi?lia Davidson, H,W, 62, Old Deer
      George, son, U, 26, cooper, Longside

      7 WINDMILL STREET
      George Davidson, H,M, 24, seaman unemployed, Peterhead
      Helen, W,M, 26, Peterhead
      Alexander, son, 2 1/2, Peterhead
      Georgina, dau, 5 months, Peterhead
      Alexander Davidson, father, Wdr, 71, shoemaker, New Machar

      19 WINDMILL STREET
      Jessie Davidson, H,M, 36, R? O'Neil
      James, son, U, 23, cooper, Peterhead

      25 WINDMILL STREET
      George Davidson, H,W, 63, New Machar

      2 TANFIELD STREET
      William Davidson, H,M, 39, seaman, Peterhead
      Jane, W,M, 39, Peterhead

      30 QUEEN STREET
      John Davidson, boarder, U, 64, railway surfaceman, Lonmay

      22 QUEEN STREET
      Jane Noble Davidson, H,W, 74, Strichen

      77 ST. PETERS STREET
      Alexander Davidson, H,M, 66, butcher, Peterhead
      Margaret, W,M, 66, Fraserburgh
      Alice, dau, U, 24, Peterhead
      Frank, son, U, 22, Peterhead

      3 UGIE STREET
      Elizabeth J. Davidson, H, U, 20, fishworker, Peterhead

      3 UGIE STREET
      Peter Davidson, H,M, 38, butcher, Peterhead
      Jemima F. W,M, 37, Peterhead
      William P. son, 12, scholar, Peterhead
      Julia F. dau, 11, scholar, Peterhead
      Robert J. son, 9, scholar, Peterhead
      Christian P. dau, 7, scholar, Peterhead
      Charles H. son, 2, Peterhead
      Arthur J. son, 3 months, Peterhead

      6 UGIE STREET
      Isabella Davidson, H,W, 69, living on private means, Peterhead

      12 UGIE STREET
      Elizabeth Davidson, H, U, 74, pauper, Peterhead

      42e WINDMILL STREET
      Alexander R. Davidson, H,M, 53, cooper, Peterhead
      Mary B. W,M, 52, Peterhead
      Helen R. dau, U, 16, servant, Peterhead
      John M. son, 11, scholar, Peterhead
      Elizabeth, mother, W, 82, annuint, Peterhead

      46 WINDMILL STREET
      Mary Davidson, H,M, 56, shipmasters wife, Peterhead

      42c WINDMILL STREET
      James Davidson, H,M, 36, burcher, Peterhead
      Annie M. W,M, 37, Sh?
      Annie M.J.M. dau 9, scholar, Peterhead
      Peter M. son 7, scholar, Peterhead

      9 QUEEN STREET
      John Davidson, H,M, 42, joiner, Aberdeen
      Margaret, W,M, 33, Longside

      37 1/2 QUEEN STREET
      Mary Davidson, H,W, 76, Crimond

      109 QUEEN STREET
      Jane Davidson, servant, U, 23, gen servant, Peterhead

      P?MA ST. TAYLORS BUILDINGS
      James Davidson, H,M, 29, blacksmith, Peterhead
      Barbara, W,M, 25, Peterhead

      2 MID STREET
      Alexander Davidson, H,M, 38, flesher, Peterhead
      Margaret, W,M, 36, Peterhead
      Margaret, dau, 13, scholar, Peterhead
      Alexander, son, 11, scholar, Peterhead
      John, son, 9, scholar, Peterhead
      James S. son 7, scholar, Peterhead
      William, son, 5, scholar, Peterhead
      George, son, 2, Peterhead
      Rachel, dau, 1 month, Peterhead

      25 MERCHANT STREET
      Barbara Davidson, servant, 15, gen servant, Peterhead

      4 UPHILL LANE
      William Davidson, H, M, 33, brewer, Peterhead
      Mary, W,M, 38, Peterhead
      Margaret Ann, dau, 5, scholar, Peterhead
      Elizabeth, dau, 4, Peterhead
      Williamina, dau, 2, Peterhead

      36 MERCHANT STREET
      Margaret Davidson, W,M, 50, seamans wife, Peterhead
      Charlotte, dau, U, 24, millner, Peterhead
      Margaret, dau, U, 21, dressmaker, Peterhead

      14 CHARLOTTE STREET
      James S. Davidson, H,M, 37, fish curer, Peterhead
      Janet, W,M, 37, Peterhead
      John J. son , 9, scholar, Peterhead
      Daniel J. son, 8, scholar, Peterhead
      William, son 6, scholar, Peterhead
      Mary E. dau, 4, Peterhead
      Alexander H. son, 3, Peterhead

      9 LOVE LANE
      George Davidson, H,M, 33, carter, Old Deer
      Jane, W,M, 33, New Deer
      Georgina B. dau, 21 months, Peterhead

      28 MAIDEN STREET
      William Davidson, H,M, 36, gen labourer, Peterhead
      Jessie, W,M, 49, St Fergus
      David, son, 16, apprentice baker, Peterhead
      Margaret, dau, 10, scholar, Peterhead
      George, son, 7, scholar, Peterhead
      Jane, dau, 4 months, Peterhead

      4 LOVE LANE
      John Davidson, boarder, M, 23, sailmaker, Peterhead
      Sophia, boarder, M, Peterhead

      39 LONGATE STREET
      John Davidson, H,M, gen labourer, Peterhead
      Elizabeth, W,M, 43, St Fergus

      35 LONGATE STREET
      Elizabeth Davidson, H,W, 38, seamstress, Peterhead
      George, son, U, 20, gen lab unemployed, Peterhead
      Elizabeth, dau, 15, scholar, Peterhead
      Martha Robertson, mothe, W, 74, shopkeeper, Peterhead

      17 LONGATE STREET
      John Davidson, H,M, 29, labourer unemployed, Petehead
      Maggie, W, M, 24, Peterhead

      11 P HALL BUILDING BACK STREET
      Robert Davidson, H,M, 59, cooper, Peterhead
      Margaret, W,M, 59, Peterhead
      Jean, dau, U, 21, dom servant, Peterhead
      Alexander M. son, U, 18, draper, Peterhead

      16 ALBION STREET
      James Davidson, H,M, 34, plasterer, Peterhead
      Jemima, W,M, 35, Peterhead
      Jane, dau, 13, scholar, Peterhead
      Charles, son, 11, scholar, Peterhead
      James, scon, 9, scholar, Peterhead
      Catherine, dau, 7, scholar, Peterhead
      Margaret, dau, 5, scholar, Peterhead
      Alexander J. son, 4, Peterhead

      20a ST. MARYS STREET
      George Davidson, H,M, 28, fishcurer, Peterhead
      Mary Jean, W,M, 24, Peterhead

      2 CARINTRODLIE
      David Davidson, H,M, 45, carter, Peterhead
      Isabella W,M, 34, Peterhead
      Margaret, dau, 14, scholar, Peterhead
      Alexander, son, 11, scholar, Peterhead
      George, son, 9, scholar, Peterhead
      Davids, son, 6, scholar, Peterhead
      John, son, 4, Peterhead
      William, son, Peterhead
      George Milne, father in law, 62, contractor, Peterhead

      10 CAIRNTRODLIE
      Alexander Davidson, H,M, 42, flesher, Peterhead
      Ann, W,M, 43, Peterhead
      Robert, son, U, 19, flesher, Peterhead
      Alexander, son, U, 18, apprentice plumber, Peterhead
      Isabella, dau, U, 16, Peterhead
      Ann, dau, 12, scholar, Peterhead
      Norman, son, 10, scholar, Peterhead
      David, son, 8, scholar, Peterhead
      Kate, dau, 6, scholar, Peterhead
      Flora, dau, 4, Peterhead
      Gordon, son, 1, Peterhead

      CLARKHILL
      Thomas Davidson, H,M, 70, farmer, Peterhead
      Margaret, W,M, 67, Peterhea

    • D
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 15, 2012
        My Great Grandfather John Davidson
        > 60 LONGATE STREET
        > John Davidson, H,M, 24, stonecutter, Peterhead
        > Mary Jane, W,M, 20, Peterhead
        > Mary J, dau, 1, Peterhead
        > William, son, 3 months, Peterhead

        David Davidson