Love Story?

  • dundeealex
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2002
      I received the info on Martha Black from Wade quite some time ago, the
      info on John Robertson came from Catherine's 1851 Census Info. I know
      they were married in the episcopalian Church in Peterhead on December
      21 1851 Martha's mother was Martha Fraser m.s. and william Black

      (Was this Martha waiting for John coming home from sea, My great grandma ?
      District 11, Page 27,
      No.122, Queen Street
      Martha Black, servant, unmar, 25, House Servant, Peterhead

      My great Grandad? age where born age and occupation fit exactly)
      Queen Street, Peterhead
      John Robertson 19 ships carpenter
      Born Dundee

      was his address in queen st the same as Martha's or am I just an old
      romantic.
      Alex
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 18, 2002
        Hi Alex,

        dundeealex wrote:

        > My great Grandad? age where born age and occupation fit exactly)
        > Queen Street, Peterhead
        > John Robertson 19 ships carpenter
        > Born Dundee
        >
        > was his address in queen st the same as Martha's or am I just an old
        > romantic.
        > Alex

        District 11, Page 27, No121, Queen Street
        John Lig??tom, Head, mar, 36, Ship Joiner, Banchory, Kincardine
        Barbara ", wife, mar, 44, Alyth, Perthshire
        William ". son, 12, Scholar, Dundee
        Eliza ", daughter, 6, Scholar, Aberdeen
        James ", son, 4, at home, Peterhead
        Alexander ", 1, Peterhead
        John Robertson, son in law, unmar, 19, Ship Carpenter, Dundee

        Could not read the surname properly, have looked at the births in
        Peterhead and couldn't any matches. Does the son in law make any
        sense? Do you know the spelling?