Peterhead family

  • Eileen Lothian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2002
      I have been researching the brother of an ancestor of mine.
      He was James HUTCHISON, born 1760 Kinmundie, a Wheelwright, (in 1778 he was
      apprenticed to Alexander Robertson, Wheelwright in Peterhead) died 1844 at
      St Peter's Street, Peterhead. He married in 1819 Isabel BRUCE (b.1791
      Brexhill, Old Deer, d.1872 Aberdeen). In 1841 they were at Erroll Street,
      Peterhead.

      Only known children:
      (1) George Hutchison, Gunner & Driver, Royal Artillery, bc.1819, d.1844 aged
      25.
      (2) Ann Hutchison, bc.1826 Peterhead m. John Webster 1844. They lived in
      Peterhead and then Aberdeen and had children: Ann bc.1848; John bc.1848;
      Isabella bc.1851; Robert Bruce Hutchison b.1857; George Bruce Hutchison
      1859-1862; Jemima 1863-1864. They disappear after 1872 - perhaps emigrated?
      (3) Robert Bruce Hutchison, Grain Merchant, bc.1828 Peterhead, d.1903
      Faichfield House, Peterhead, m.1857 Helen Wallace (1831-1918). No children,
      although Helen had nephews and nieces - her sister Ann married William
      Grant, Cooper and Oil Refiner, Peterhead.

      It seems likely that James and Isabel Hutchison had more than three
      children, and also that James, being almost 60 when he married, had an
      earlier marriage.

      If anyone has any connections or can give any further details, I'd like to
      hear from them. I would be happy to pass on all the information I have.

      Eileen