lawson 1841/ 1851 lookup please

  • gary and rhonda simpson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2002
      Wade,
      Thanks for the info. I don't have the marriage data so I guess a visit to origins is in the picture. Peter would have been in his late teens here so he was probably already out of the house working. The Foveran 1881 census had him listed as Ag Labourer, and that he married Helen Duff Davie in Cruden, he may have worked in that area. After I posted I discovered that they had 4 more older children that were not living at home on the LDS site ( I didn't know you could just put in parents names to get children). The children of Peter and Helen Lawson:
      George b 1855 Cruden (illeg)
      Mary b 1857 Foveran
      John b 1860 Foveran
      Elizabeth Margaret Black b 1862 (I found a neighbor in
      foveran names this)
      Christina b 1865 Foveran
      Lilias b 1868 Foveran
      Helen b 1871 Foveran
      Peter b 1873 Foveran
      I did not know about George Mary Elizabeth or Christina.
      This oldest child George throws a clinker into my believing that John was fathers name if they followed naming patterns. I guess I will have to get marriage certificate to be sure. Thanks again for the info
      Rhonda Simpson