Re: [Peterhead] Mitchell, Robertson and Geddes

  • Donna Callaghan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2002
      "S.J.Inkster" wrote:

      > Sarah Geddes b:Cruden married Nov.6,1863 Peterhead to Alexander Scroggie

      Sharon,
      Do you know the children of Sarah Geddes and Alexander Scroggie?

      I have a Sarah Morrice born 25 Jan 1885 Cruden, married Alexander
      Scroggie. My Alexander could be about the age to be the son of your
      Sarah and Alexander.

      I don't have a date of birth date for Alexander but I do have a photo
      and some information about his later life.

      Donna
      Australia
    • S.J.Inkster
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2002
        Hi Donna,

        I have found five children for Alexander and Sarah :
        Margaret b: July 2,1863 Peterhead
        Mary Anne b: Nov. 15,1866 Peterhead
        Sarah Jane b: Sept 10,1869 Ellon
        Alexander W. b: 1880 Peterhead
        Williamina b: Oct.22,1874 Peterhead ( she was not listed on the 1881 census )
        It's quite possible, we could have a match.

        Sharon

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 19, 2002
          Hi Sharon,

          "S.J.Inkster" wrote:

          > John Mitchell married April 1,1798 Peterhead to Margaret Mutch
          > I can only find three children for them: ( there must have been more )
          >
          > James 1799

          Peterhead 1851 Census
          District 17, Page 12, No.39, Cocklaw
          James Mitchell, head, 51, Cruden
          Maragret Mitchell, wife, 65, Peterhead
          William Boys, lodger, 25, St.Fergus

          Peterhead Deaths
          No.81, James Mitchell, crofter widower of Margaret Byres, died 9/4/1872
          9h 55m pm at Gateside of Cocklaw, male, aged 72 years, parents: John
          Mitchell, crofter (dead) and Maragret Mitchell ms Mutch (dead), cause:
          Effusion into the chest, had for 7 months, informant: James Mitchell,
          grandson, present.

          > Robert 1801 married Elspet Greig ( June 13,1835 Peterhead )

          District 15, Page 1, No.4, Ellishill
          Robert Mitchell, head, 49, Cruden
          Elspet Mitchell, wife, 42, Longside
          Maragret Mitchell, daughter, 13, Peterhead
          Elisabeth Mitchell, daughter, 12, Peterhead
          Page 2
          Robert Mitchell, son, 10, Peterhead
          John Mitchell, son, 9, Peterhead
          Anderson Mitchell, son, 7, Peterhead
          Elspeth M. Mitchell, daughter, 5, Peterhead
          James Mitchell, son, 2, Peterhead
          Thomas Mitchell, son, 7 months, Peterhead
          Maragret Greig, niece, 13, Cruden
          Janet Greig, niece, 11, Cruden

          > Alexander Geddes b: Cruden married Nov.23,1857 Peterhead to Barbara
          > Hasty ( Hastie )
          > Sarah Geddes b:Cruden married Nov.6,1863 Peterhead to Alexander
          > Scroggie

          I have the details of these marraiges if you needed them.

        • S.J.Inkster
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 20, 2002
            Hi Wade,
            Thanks so much for the information. Yes, I would love to have the additional details you have of Alexander and Sarah Geddes marriage.

            Sharon

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 6, 2002
              Hi Sharon,

              "S.J.Inkster" wrote:

              > Hi Wade,
              > Thanks so much for the information. Yes, I would love to have the
              > additional details you have of Alexander and Sarah Geddes marriage.

              Sorry can't find my notes for the 1857 marriage.

              No.54, 6/11/1863, Cairntrodie, Free Church of Scotland, Alexander
              Scroggie, mason, bachelor, aged 20, Invernettie, parents: father not
              named, Mary Scroggie married Sarah Geddes, spinister, aged 21,
              Cairntrodie, parents: William Geddes, mason, Margaret Geddes ms Ogston
              (dead), witnesses: George Troup and David Atken.