Reid

  • weelass1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2002
      I am trying to find some info on George Reid. He was a Quarrier(I
      guess that means that he worked in the Quarry) and lived in Boddam
      in 1925. This is all of the information I have. I don't know when
      he was born but I do know that he had an illegitimate son in 1917.
      If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

      Hazel
    • Alison Kennedy
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25, 2006
        Hi,

        You might find the following MI (taken from St Peter's Churchyard) helpful:

        M.S. John Ogston, late Farmer in Invernettie, who died 26th July 1816, aged 62 years. Also of two of his children who died in infancy. Also of his son John who died 23rd March 1805 aged 14 years. Also of his daughter Margaret, spouse of William Henderson who died 1809 aged 22 years. Also of his daugher in law, Christian Logan, died 10th March 1820 aged 30 years. Also his grand-child Alexr. Reid, died July 1836 aged 4 years, and Robert Reid, his son in law, died 28th Novr. 1848 aged 43 years. Also Margaret Sangster, wife of the said John Ogston, died 2nd May 1854 aged 93. And his son James, died 11th April 1867 aged 82. Also Jane Ogston, wife of Robert Reid, who died 1st January 1894 aged 92 years.

        As far as I am aware, I have no connection to any of the above.

        Alison

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 25, 2006
          Thanks for these! The Dublin connection sounds interesting and the monument listing is
          really helpful. I wonder if anyone know exactly where in the Kirkyard these folks are
          buried or perhaps has a photo/s of the stones ?

          Whilethese entries need confirmation, the data so far gathered
          suggests that the family now looks as follows:

          John Ogston b abt 1754 - d 26 Jul 1816 m Margaret Sangster b abt 1761 d 2 May 1854 M
          ?
          Children -

          1. James bap 16 Oct 1785, Invernettie d 11 Apr 1867, m Christian Logan b abt 1798, d 10
          Mar 1820, M26 Nov 1814 Peterhead.
          Children:
          A. Jane bap 2 Jul 1817 Peterhead, d bef 23 Jun 1896 Strichen, M William Thomson, b abt
          1814 Peterhead, d bef 23 Feb 1902, Fraserburgh, M 20 Jun 1847 Peterhead.
          parents of James, Margaret, Alexander and Mackie Sangster Thomson.
          B. James b abt 1821 Peterhead and d abt 21 Dec 1889 Strichen.
          C. Margaret b abt 1820 and married Alexander Simpson.

          2. Margaret bap 27 Jan 1787 Peterhead d 1809, marries William Henderson 9 Sept 1804
          Peterhead
          3. Janet bap 20 Jul 1789
          4 John bap 4 Feb 1792 d 23 Mar 1805
          5. Robert bap 11 Feb 1794
          6. Jane abt 1804 [married Robert Reid 8 Jun 1830] D 1 Jan 1894
          Children:
          A Alexander (~1826-Jul 1830)
          B Alexander Mackie ( 6 May 1833 - Jul 1836)
          C James (10 Oct 1830-20 Nov 1894) M 1. Eliza Hay Reid and 2. Isobella Mitchell
          D Margaret (16 Jan 1836-) M Alexander Gibson
          E John (28 Sep 1838-)
          F Mary Jane (~1845-) M Alexander Christian
          G Unnamed (3 Nov 1841-3 Nov 1841)
          H Joseph (5 Apr 1842-) M Eliza Reid Sherriffs

          Thanks all

          Charlotte