Mitchell, Robertson and Geddes

  • S.J.Inkster
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2002
      Here are some of the families I'm researching in the Peterhead area.

      I have a William Robertson married July 1,1798 Grange to Margaret McHatty ( Mac Hattie ) their daughters
      Jean Robertson married June 22,1826 Peterhead to James Mitchell
      Janet Robertson married Feb13,1836 Peterhead to Thomas Mitchell
      -----------------
      John Mitchell married April 1,1798 Peterhead to Margaret Mutch
      I can only find three children for them: ( there must have been more )
      James 1799
      Robert 1801 married Elspet Greig ( June 13,1835 Peterhead )
      Thomas b : abt.1811 married Janet Robertson
    • Donna Callaghan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2002
        "S.J.Inkster" wrote:

        > Sarah Geddes b:Cruden married Nov.6,1863 Peterhead to Alexander Scroggie

        Sharon,
        Do you know the children of Sarah Geddes and Alexander Scroggie?

        I have a Sarah Morrice born 25 Jan 1885 Cruden, married Alexander
        Scroggie. My Alexander could be about the age to be the son of your
        Sarah and Alexander.

        I don't have a date of birth date for Alexander but I do have a photo
        and some information about his later life.

        Donna
        Australia
      • S.J.Inkster
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2002
          Hi Donna,

          I have found five children for Alexander and Sarah :
          Margaret b: July 2,1863 Peterhead
          Mary Anne b: Nov. 15,1866 Peterhead
          Sarah Jane b: Sept 10,1869 Ellon
          Alexander W. b: 1880 Peterhead
          Williamina b: Oct.22,1874 Peterhead ( she was not listed on the 1881 census )
          It's quite possible, we could have a match.

          Sharon

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 19, 2002
            Hi Sharon,

            "S.J.Inkster" wrote:

            > John Mitchell married April 1,1798 Peterhead to Margaret Mutch
            > I can only find three children for them: ( there must have been more )
            >
            > James 1799

            Peterhead 1851 Census
            District 17, Page 12, No.39, Cocklaw
            James Mitchell, head, 51, Cruden
            Maragret Mitchell, wife, 65, Peterhead
            William Boys, lodger, 25, St.Fergus

            Peterhead Deaths
            No.81, James Mitchell, crofter widower of Margaret Byres, died 9/4/1872
            9h 55m pm at Gateside of Cocklaw, male, aged 72 years, parents: John
            Mitchell, crofter (dead) and Maragret Mitchell ms Mutch (dead), cause:
            Effusion into the chest, had for 7 months, informant: James Mitchell,
            grandson, present.

            > Robert 1801 married Elspet Greig ( June 13,1835 Peterhead )

            District 15, Page 1, No.4, Ellishill
            Robert Mitchell, head, 49, Cruden
            Elspet Mitchell, wife, 42, Longside
            Maragret Mitchell, daughter, 13, Peterhead
            Elisabeth Mitchell, daughter, 12, Peterhead
            Page 2
            Robert Mitchell, son, 10, Peterhead
            John Mitchell, son, 9, Peterhead
            Anderson Mitchell, son, 7, Peterhead
            Elspeth M. Mitchell, daughter, 5, Peterhead
            James Mitchell, son, 2, Peterhead
            Thomas Mitchell, son, 7 months, Peterhead
            Maragret Greig, niece, 13, Cruden
            Janet Greig, niece, 11, Cruden

            > Alexander Geddes b: Cruden married Nov.23,1857 Peterhead to Barbara
            > Hasty ( Hastie )
            > Sarah Geddes b:Cruden married Nov.6,1863 Peterhead to Alexander
            > Scroggie

            I have the details of these marraiges if you needed them.

          • S.J.Inkster
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 20, 2002
              Hi Wade,
              Thanks so much for the information. Yes, I would love to have the additional details you have of Alexander and Sarah Geddes marriage.

              Sharon

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 6, 2002
                Hi Sharon,

                "S.J.Inkster" wrote:

                > Hi Wade,
                > Thanks so much for the information. Yes, I would love to have the
                > additional details you have of Alexander and Sarah Geddes marriage.

                Sorry can't find my notes for the 1857 marriage.

                No.54, 6/11/1863, Cairntrodie, Free Church of Scotland, Alexander
                Scroggie, mason, bachelor, aged 20, Invernettie, parents: father not
                named, Mary Scroggie married Sarah Geddes, spinister, aged 21,
                Cairntrodie, parents: William Geddes, mason, Margaret Geddes ms Ogston
                (dead), witnesses: George Troup and David Atken.