lawson 1841/1851 census look up please

  • gary and rhonda simpson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3 8:59 AM
      Looking for Peter Lawson born c1834 to John Lawson in Peterhead. Trying to pin down which John Lawson is father and find mother, and locate siblings. OPR had a Peter Lawson born to John Lawson 1832 12 29 but I think this is too early, age 47 given on 1881 Foveran census. Peter married 1857 in Cruden to Helen Duff Davie then moved to Foveran. I have descendants from there. Thank you
      Rhonda Simpson

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7 5:44 AM
        Hi Rhonda,

        gary and rhonda simpson wrote:

        > Looking for Peter Lawson born c1834 to John Lawson in Peterhead.
        > Trying to pin down which John Lawson is father and find mother, and
        > locate siblings. OPR had a Peter Lawson born to John Lawson 1832 12
        > 29 but I think this is too early, age 47 given on 1881 Foveran
        > census. Peter married 1857 in Cruden to Helen Duff Davie then moved to
        > Foveran. I have descendants from there. Thank you
        > Rhonda Simpson

        Didn't find any Peter Lawson in the 1851 census for Peterhead and only
        one John.

        District 18, Page 2, No. 6, Springhill
        John Lawson, head, mar, 60, Dyke Moray
        Margaret Lawson, wife, mar. 57, Peterhead
        Mary Lawson, daughter, unmar, 25, Peterhead
        Elizabeth Lawson, daughter, unmar, 23, Peterhead
        John Finlay, grandchild, 11, Peterhead
        Margaret Milne, grandchild, 4, Peterhead
        Jean Mackie, grandchild, 10 months, Peterhead
        Mary Gall, grandchild, 3 months, Peterhead

        John died 1863
        Margaret died 1862 (maiden name Scott)

        Have got the details from the 1857 marriage certificate? This should
        give both parents names, you will get the maiden name for Peter's
        mother, which would prove if this is the correct family.

      • Gary and Rhonda Simpson
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 9, 2003
          Hi Wade,
          This is further to a conversation we had last July. I have finally gotten the marriage certificate for Peter Lawson and Helen Davie. It gave Peters Parents as John Lawson and Margaret Scott. I'm wondering if you have any further info on them, or anything from the 1861 or 1871 census?
          Below is the information you sent me last year.( I save everything in my not yet connected file just in case!!)
          Thanks in advance,

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 12, 2003
            Hi Rhonda,

            Gary and Rhonda Simpson wrote:

            > Hi Wade,
            > This is further to a conversation we had last July. I have finally
            > gotten the marriage certificate for Peter Lawson and Helen Davie. It
            > gave Peters Parents as John Lawson and Margaret Scott. I'm wondering
            > if you have any further info on them, or anything from the 1861 or
            > 1871 census?
            > Below is the information you sent me last year.( I save everything in
            > my not yet connected file just in case!!)
            > Thanks in advance,
            > Rhonda Simpson

            I don't have access to the 1861 and 1871 census. You will need to
            borrow those through any LDS Family History Centre.

            Peterhead Deaths
            No.105, Margaret Lawson married to John Lawson labourer, died 8/9/1862
            2h 30m am at Newfield, female, aged 69 years, parents: James Scott mason
            (dead) and Jane Scott ms Petrie (dead), cause: unknown, no medical
            attendant, informant: George Troup, present, neighbour.

            No.5, John Lawson labourer widower of Margaret Scott, died 15/01/1863 8h
            pm at Springhill, male, aged 73 years, parents: John Lawson, tailor
            (dead) and Janet Lawson ms Ferguson (dead), cause: general debility, no
            medical attendant, informant: James Lawson, son, not present, Tillymand?
            Cruden.

          • Gary and Rhonda Simpson
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 12, 2003
              Hi Wade,

              Thank you for the death info, this will be helpful.