ROBERTSON, DUNCAN, COULL 1851

  • Ivo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2002
      I went through the rest of the 1851 census, and in Peterhead there were no more Coull's other than what I posted the last time.

      9 THISTLE STREET
      Agnes Duncan, H, W, 52, laundress employing 3 girls, Remnay

      13 THISTLE STREET
      Ann Lillie, H, W, 53, lodging keeper, Longside
      Ann Lillie, dau, U, 24, dressmaker, Longside
      James Robertson, g/son, 3, Peterhead
      Ann Sangster, aunt, U, 79, Cruden

      17 MARISCHALL STREET
      George Robertson, H, M, 77, annuitant, Peterhead
      Elizabeth Robertson, W,M, 68, Peterhead

      25 ALBION STREET
      Margaret Robertson, H, U, 73, knitting on the poor rates, Peterhead

      86 YORK STREET
      Margaret Duncan, H, W, 72, annuitant, Turrff?

      82 ERROL STREET
      John Cowie, H, M, 35, Blacksmith ferrier, Peterhead
      Jane Cowie, W, M, 38, Melrose, Berwickshire
      Ann, 12, scholar, Peterhead
      John, 10, scholar, Peterhead
      Robert, 8, scholar, Musselburgh, Midlothian
      Mary, 5, scholar, Peterhead
      Jane, 2, Musselburgh,
      Ann Duncan, mother in law, 62, Berwick, Coldstream

      111 ST. PETERS STREET
      James Robertson, lodger, Wdr, 81, manufacturer retired, Peterhead

      15 KIRK STREET
      James Robertson, H, M, 74, weaver, Peterhead
      Elisabeth Robertson, W, M, 74, Peterhead

      18 KIRK STREET
      William Duncan, lodger, U, 19, lab, Peterhead

      23 KIRK STREET
      Catherine Robertson, H, W, 84, pauper weavers widow, Peterhead

      35 KIRK STREET
      Mary Duncan, H, W, 70, Vintner, Fyvie
      Charles Duncan, g/son, 12, scholar, Old Deer
      John Simpson, g/son, 9, scholar, Peterhead

      60 KIRK STREET
      Elspeth Gordon, H, U, 60, pauper knitter, Peterhead
      Margaret Robertson, visitor, U, 10, seamans daughter, Peterhead

      75 KIRK STREET
      Mary Robertson, H, W, 39, shoe binder, Peterhead
      Simpson Robertson, 8, scholar, Peterhead
      Jessy Robertson, 3, Peterhead

      86 KIRK STREET
      James Robertson, H, M, 78, retired carter, Lomnay
      Ann Robertson, W, M, 58, Belhelvie

      Buchan House
      Alexander Wilson, H, M, 58, quarrier, Peterhead
      Mary Wilson, W, M, 63, Peterhead
      James W. Robertson, g/son, 6, scholar, Peterhead

      DOWNIE HILLS and TILEWORKS
      Andrew Aberdein?, H, M, 45, brick and tile maker employing 12 labourers
      Isabella, W, M, 47, New Deer
      Andrew, son, U, 17, apprentice carpenter, Old Machar
      Ann Duncan, neice, 7, scholar, New Deer

      HILLHEAD GRANGE
      Ann Duncan, servant, U, 18, house servant, Logie

      LOCHSIDE
      Alexander Duncan, servant, M, 52, farm servant, Ellon

      BLACKHILLS
      Margaret Robertson, servant, U, 17, house servant, Inverness

      NEWFIELDS
      Elizabeth Robertson, H, U, 59, school misstress, Peterhead

      DEN END
      James Robertson, H,M, 83, farmer of 12 acres, Peterhead
      Elizabeth Robertson, W, M, Peterhead
      Mary Robertson, U, 27, Peterhead
      Elizabeth Robertson, U, 24, Peterhead

      MEETHILL
      John Robertson, H, M, 55, crofter and vintner, Cruden
      Janet Brown, W, M, 43, Fraserburgh
      Margaret Robertson, dau, U, 19, Peterhead
      Alexander Robertson, son, U, 15, Peterhead
      John Robertson, son, 10, Peterhead
      Georgina Robertson, dau, 7, Peterhead

    • finlaysonlesley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2002
        Just a quick note before I set off for work-

        Thank you for all of your help looking for all of our families. you
        are a real treasure.

        Thank you again

        Lesley

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2002