Massie

  • weelass1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2002
      Well here it goes. I have posted before to say what families I am
      looking for but I have never posted any info that I have, except
      maybe some various little pieces of info.
      I hope that maybe this helps someone or that maybe someone can
      help me.

      My maternal grandfather was

      Andrew Gordon Massie
      b. 27th Apr 1911 Peterhead
      d. 27th Nov 1980 Peterhead
      Father- Robert Alexander Massie
      Mother- Jeannie Wilson Milne
      m. 4th Dec 1931 PD
      Jessie Hutchison Clubb
      b. 6th Jun 1914 PD
      d. 8th Jan 1973 PD
      Father- Alexander Clubb
      Mother- Jemima Suttar Cruden

      Their Children were and are (3 living and 2now deceased)
      Andrew Gordon b. 1932
      Catherine Robson b. 1934
      Helen b. 1936
      Mary Dolina b. 1939
      Hazel b. 1948

      Andrew Gordon Massie's Parents were

      Robert Alexander Massie
      b. 6th Oct 1878 PD (still to be confirmed)
      d. 14th Jan 1943 PD
      Father- William Massie
      Mother- Elizabeth Ross
      m. 3rd Jan 1902 Aberdeen (still to be confirmed)
      Jeannie Wilson Milne
      b. 23rd Jul 1882 St. Fergus (still to be confirmed)
      d. 10th Jul 1940 PD
      Father- Alexander Milne
      Mother- Isabella Reid

      Their Children were

      Jeannie Wilson Milne b. 2 Jan 1904 d. 10 Jul 1969
      married- Robert Bruce 1925

      Robert Alexander b. 30 Dec 1906 d. 30 Aug 1990
      married- Nellie Samuel Morrison 1931

      Charles Edward b. 19 Jun 1909 d. 23 May 1910

      Andrew Gordon (see above- my grandfather)

      Robina Milne b. 4 Jul 1913 d. 10 Sep 1985
      married- John Thomson 1933

      Stanley Stevenson b. 7 Oct 1921 d. 30 Nov 2000
      married- Isabella Allardyce McIntosh McWilliam 1943

      I still have lots of research to do to get anywhere near as fas back
      as most people who use this site, but I am working on it. If anyone
      has any links to this part of my family please contact me. I will
      post more later on some other branches of the tree.

      Hazel Holt (nee Urquhart)
    • DONNA RAE & GALE
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2002
        MY NIECE IS IN THE YAHOO GROUP .. PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR LIST--- SHE IS IN THE GROUP.... NO NEED TO DUPLICATE
        THNX

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2002
          Well I finally got into Aberdeen to confirm a few things and here
          are the results

          My maternal grandfather was

          Andrew Gordon Massie
          b. 27th Apr 1911 Peterhead
          d. 27th Nov 1980 Peterhead
          Father- Robert Alexander Massie
          Mother- Jeannie Wilson Milne
          m. 4th Dec 1931 PD
          Jessie Hutchison Clubb
          b. 6th Jun 1914 PD
          d. 8th Jan 1973 PD
          Father- Alexander Clubb
          Mother- Jemima Suttar Cruden

          Their Children were and are (3 living and 2now deceased)
          Andrew Gordon b. 1932
          Catherine Robson b. 1934
          Helen b. 1936
          Mary Dolina b. 1939
          Hazel b. 1948

          Andrew Gordon Massie's Parents were

          Robert Alexander Massie
          b. 6th Oct 1878 PD (confirmed)
          d. 14th Jan 1943 PD
          Father- William Massie
          Mother- Elizabeth Ross
          m. 3rd Jan 1902 Aberdeen (confirmed)
          Jeannie Wilson Milne
          b. 23rd Jul 1882 St. Fergus (confirmed)
          d. 10th Jul 1940 PD
          Father- Alexander Milne
          Mother- Isabella Reid

          Their Children were

          Jeannie Wilson Milne b. 2 Jan 1904 d. 10 Jul 1969
          married- Robert Bruce 1925

          Robert Alexander b. 30 Dec 1906 d. 30 Aug 1990
          married- Nellie Samuel Morrison 1931

          Charles Edward b. 19 Jun 1909 d. 22 May 1910

          Andrew Gordon (see above- my grandfather)

          Robina Milne b. 4 Jul 1913 d. 10 Sep 1985
          married- John Angus Thomson 1934

          Stanley Stevenson b. 7 Oct 1921 d. 30 Nov 2000
          married- Isabella Allardyce McIntosh McWilliam 1943

          Robert Alexander Massie's parents were

          William Massie -parents James Massie & Mary Beaton
          Elizabeth Ross -parents John Ross & Christian Milne
          Married 30th June 1866 Church of Savoch, Parish of New Deer