Re: REID/RAINIE

  • Colin Gordon
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 16, 1998
      Hi all. I'm looking for a Mr. Reid who married Murray-Mitchel (strange name
      for a girl allright!) Gordon (born February 9, 1841 and died October 8,
      1928) She is buried in the Peathill Kirkyard.

      Wade Buchan wrote:

      > From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>
      >
      > HI Jeanine,
      >
      > J&C Greig wrote:
      > > Yes, you did send me the 1841 census info thanks. Are you sure
      > > about being able to get the death certificate for $6? I know pre 1855
      > > certificates can be ordered this way but I didn't think post 1855 ones
      > > could.
      >
      > The LDS have film the Scottish Certificates BDM from 1855 to 1875, and
      > 1881. So if you go to your local LDS FHC (Braeside?) and look at the
      > Locality Catalogue (on microfiche) for Scotland Civil Registration,
      > Deaths 1875 that cover No.161a (St.Nicholas). You get the orginal
      > certificate which most times has the witnesses signature.
      >
      > I have been transcribing and indexing all the Peterhead death
      > certificates, probably completed about a 1/3.
      >
      > > By the way, are any of her REIDs on the 1852 crew agreement you have?
      >
      > Not yet, but only upto boat names with "I". Will let you know if I find
      > anything.
      >
      > Regards, Wade.

    • C&J Greig
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 8, 1998
        Hi Wade,
        Thanks for looking for a Rennie/Davidson marriage, I checked the
        IGI but couldn't find anything either. I think my next step will have to be
        finding Sutherland REID on the 1871 Aberdeen census to see if Peterhead is
        given as her place of birth.
        Regards,
        Jeanine.