Re: Cobban

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 1998
      Hi Judy,

      gordon f. hammerstrom wrote:

      > Do you have any Cobbans in the census? I have been searching for my
      > Cobbans I have back to James Cobban my ggrandfather born about 1860 and
      > would love to find his parents...my grandfather George was born in 1886
      > in Longside. thanks so much Judy

      Sorry for the delay in replying. The only one I found is:
      1851 Peterhead Census, District 15, page 11, No.35, Blackhouse
      Margaret Cobben, head, 71, Lonmay
      Elisabeth Gibson, daughter, 30, Peterhead
      Mary S. Alexander, g-daughter, 6 months, Peterhead

      regards, Wade.
      --
      Researching ancestors from Peterhead, Aberdeenshire?
      Visit Peterhead Genealogy http://axs.com.au/~wsb
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 1999
        Hi All,

        Can not remember who asked, but I didn't find a James Cobban b1860c in
        Peterhead during the 1881 Census.