Re: Simpson family

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12 4:10 AM
      Hi Ellie,

      Ellie Dillmann wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I am looking for info on James Cormack a Blacksmith in Peterhead who married
      > Jean Grieve and had the following children -- Jane b. 1847, William b 1848
      > and James Hay b. 1850. Do you have any record of them in the 1851 Census?
      >
      > Thanks Ellie

      1851 Peterhead Census
      District 12, Page 2, No.12, 1 Thistle Street
      James Cormack, head, 28, Aberdeem
      Page 3
      Jean Cormack, wife, 29, New Deer
      William Cormack, son, 2, Peterhead
      James Cormack, son, 1, Peterhead
      Jean Milne, servant, 14, Longside

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 2002
        Hi Ellie,

        Ellie Dillmann wrote:

        > Can you give me some details of the following Simpson deaths
        >
        > Andrew b. 1783 d. 1860 No. 17.2 in your list

        Part 2, No.17, Andrew Simpson, labourer, married to Margaret Cormack
        (dead), died 13/5/1860 at 8h pm Invernettie-hill, male, 77 years,
        parents: James Simpson, labourer (dead), cause: unknown, no medical
        attendant, informant: John Simpson, son, present, Stirlinghill.

        > William b. 1831 d 1857 No 101 on your list.

        No.101, William Simpson, labourer, married, died 8/9/1857 about 11h30m
        pm at sea off the coast of Peterhead, male, aged 26 years, parents:
        George Simpson, labourer and Mary Simpson, cause: Drowning, not
        certified (the upsetting of a boat), body not recovered, informant:
        James Cowie, brother in law, not present.
      • Malcolm Simpson
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 26, 2010
          For Alex. Ritchie.
          Hi Alex,
          I'm not sure whether you have seen the details of Lair 388?I have tried to copy it and send it as an attachment but it is too faint so I will have to type it out.

          388 Family of Geo.Simpson Shipmaster.

          Nov.3 1847 Robert Harriet Infant
          Aug.8 1849 Matilda Harriet Infant Roanheads
          June 3 1839 Mary Murray " Union Street
          Sept.12 1861 John Simpson 2m Jamaica Street
          Sept.28 1861 Catherine Martin 46 Queen Street
          Apr.8 1862 John Simpson 9 Prince Street
          Sept.30 1862 Elspet Martin 2 Marischal Steet
          Jan.7 1873 Alex.Martin 9.m Roanheads
          July 15 1875 Margt Jane Martin 3.m do
          Aug.10 1876 Sophie S Ross 74 do
          Nov.23 1880 Alexandrina Martin 2m 12 Crooked Lane
          May 21 1892 James McL Martin 6 1/2 Roanheads
          May 21 1894 John Martin 6 1/2 do
          Feb.12 1896 Daniel Ross 44 Queens Street
          Jan.19 1898 Archibald McD Davidson 7m Langa?e
          Feb.17 1906 Sophie R Watson 53 Roanheads

          Hope you find the above of interest.Obviously these families were all interelated.
          Best Wishes,Malcolm.