Re: Request to Search 1851 Census

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2002
      Hi Barbara,

      2Barbara Croker wrote:

      > I would like you to search the 1851 Census for the MILNE family of Alexander
      > (born around 1800 and married 1827 to Grace (gRIZZEL) mILNE (MS dAVIDSON),
      > CHILDREN mARGARET, BORN 1828, aLEXANDER, B.1836, jAMES, B1837 AND cHRISTIAN
      > B.1841.
      > aLSO, THE FAMILY OF wILLIAM AND mARGARET sTEWARtT (MS Hall), one child was
      > Elizabeth Stewart, born around 1837, and are there any other children and
      > where did they live? Maybe I have asked for more than you can give. Thanks
      > for anything at all. Barbara Croker

      1851 Peterhead Census
      District 11, Page 26, No.118, Queen Street
      Margret Milne, Head, 23, Daughter of Cooper at sea, Peterhead
      Alexander Milne, brother, 15, shoemaker (App), Peterhead
      James Milne, brother, 12, Baker? (App), Peterhead
      Christian Milne, sister, 10, scholar, Peterhead

      No.3, part 2, 6/1/1859 at Lochside, Peterhead, Episcopal, James Milne, age 22,
      from Peterhead, cooper, bachelor, parents: Alexander Milne and Grace Milne ms
      Davidson (deceased) married to Elizabeth Stewart, age 22, from Peterhead,
      spinster, parents: William Stewart, farmer and Margaret Stewart ms Hall,
      witnesses: John Fearnside and John Morrison.

      This could be your Alexander's Seamen Ticket (need to be proved knowing date of
      birth)
      Ticket Number 106395, Alexander Milne, born 12/9/1802 at St.Fergus,
      Aberdeenshire, Capacity: Cooper, Height: 5ft 5in, Hair: Lt Brown, Complexion:
      Fair, Eyes: Blue, Marks: None, First went to sea as Cooper in the year 1822, has
      served in the Royal Navy: No, Has been in Foreign Service: No, When unemployed,
      resides at Peterhead, Age when ticketed: 43, Can write: yes, Issued at Peterhead
      on 3/3/1845.