Cheyne, Gray, Thomson, Nicol

  • JDVon@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2002
      Would you please advise me if any of the following surnames are on the 1841
      and 1851 census? Surnames are: Cheyne, Gray and Thomson & Nicol.
      Thank you
      DeLories
      Washington State

    • Ivo
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 12, 2002
        Hi, I'm researching the name Gray in Peterhead also.

        This is all the Gray's I could find in 1841.

        KIRK STREET
        John Gray, gardner aged 63

        KING STREET
        Eliza Gray, pauper aged 14

        KIRK STREET
        Hellen Gray aged 14
        Jannet Gray aged 10

        KIRK STREET
        James Gray, Army HPP aged 69
        Lucy Gray aged 60

        ROSE STREET Westside
        James Gray, cooper aged 20

        MAIDEN STREET
        Elspit Gray aged 57

        UNION STREET
        Elizabeth Gray, grocer aged 25

        POOL LANE
        Lillie Gray, Ind aged 65

        POOL LANE
        Barbara Gray, ship masters wife aged 35
        David age 12
        Ann age 9
        Eliza age 5
        Georgina age3
        John age 10
        Alexander age 2

        JAMES STREET
        Mary Gray, teacher aged 40

        JAMACA STREET
        Roderick Gray, writer aged 52

        BACKGATE STREET
        Margaret Gray, stocking knitter aged 50

        ROANHEADS
        William Gray, shipmaster aged 60
        Christian age 60
        William, ship master age 30
        Agnes age 25

        MARSCHALL STREET
        John Gray, saddler aged 25

        MARSCHALL STREET
        Hector Gray, culter (knife seller or sharpner) aged 43
        Catharine age 40
        Bess age 16
        Jane age 14
        Helenora age 12
        Elizabeth age 8
        James age 6
        Robert age 3
        (I'm researching this family.)

        SEAGATE STREET
        Christian Gray, netweaver aged 50

        PORT HENRY LANE
        George Gray, labourer aged 81

        That's all for the moment, but I'll go over the census time permiting just
        to make sure.
        Catherine