Re: [Peterhead] Re: FORREST, GRAY, IMLAY,DAVIDSON

  • Ivo
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 12, 2002
      Hi Steve, thanks for waiting.
      I checked on the IGI and the Old Parish Fiche, and Janet Hay born 1802 and
      your Isabella Hay's father William is brother and sister. William born
      1805.

      Janet born 28-12-1802, Peterhead
      William born 18-5-1805, Peterhead
      father William Hay
      mother Janet Mess married 29-1-1801, Peterhead
      these are the only two children I could find.

      Janet Hay is not related to me, but only through marriage to George Forrest
      (he remarried Bessy Gray).
      George and Janet's children;
      Charles
      John
      Mary Hutchison
      Catherine Ann Hutchison (she married James Craig, one of their daughters is
      Ann Mess Craig)
      George
      Elizabeth

      Next problem for me.
      They have two daughters with Hutchison as middle names, and your Isabella
      married a Hutchison, and your surname is Hutchison. Have you come across a
      connection with this name and these people.
      I have on hire at the moment the 1841 and 1851 census for Peterhead, and
      have written down all the Hutchison's and Hay's, so if you would like a copy
      or anything else on the census's, please tell me, they're on hire for
      another three weeks.

      Please tell me what you think? about this, does it tie in with what you
      have.
      Best wishes
      Catherine
      Perth, Western Australia

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 18, 2002
        Hi Catherine
        Thanks for your help with Janet Hay & children.
        I have added them to my tree which can be seen at
        www.geocities.com/sjhutchison1/
        It seems that my Hutchison's were living in Boddam mostly, No's 9,10,11,19
        'A Street'
        Any further info.from census's would be helpful. Regards Steve

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/