Seamen's Tickets details

  • Ivo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2002
      Hi group,
      I found these Peterhead seamen's details on a film I had on hire. These were the only one's on the film.
      Hope this helps someone,
      Best wishes,
      Catherine

      Ticket No. 44246
      WILLIAM MILNE
      born in Peterhead, Aberdeen on this day 30th September 1820
      capacity Seaman
      height 5ft 5 and a quarter ins
      hair Light
      eyes Light Grey
      complextion Fair
      marks None
      went to sea as an Apprentice 1834
      write Yes
      age when ticketed 24
      Royal Navy No
      Foreign Service No
      when unemployed resides 23 Commerce Street, Aberdeen
      Ticket issued Aberdeen, 17th December 1844

      Ticket No. 44271
      WILLIAM DEVINE
      born Peterhead, Aberdeen on this day 5th March 1825
      capacity Apprentice
      hair Light
      eyes Grey
      height 5ft 7 ins
      complextion Fair
      marks None
      went to sea as an Apprentice 1842
      age when ticketed 19
      write Yes
      Royal Navy No
      Foreign Service No
      when unemployed resides 125 Galligate, Aberdeen
      ticket issued Aberdeen, 17th December 1844

      Ticket No. 43431
      JAMES SCOTT
      born Aberdeen, 1822
      capacity Seaman
      hair Black
      eyes Black
      hieght 5 ft 8 ins
      complextion Swarthy
      went to sea as an Apprentice 1836
      Royal Navy No
      Foreign Service No
      when unemployed resides Aberdeen
      ticket issued Glasgow, 7th December 1844

      Ticket No. 43034
      JAMES BIRCHAM
      born Peterhead in the county of Aberdeen on this 10th day of May 1810
      capacity Seaman
      height 5 ft 8 ins
      hair Auburn
      eyes Grey