Peterhead churches

  • susan willilamson
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 1998
      Does anyone know if there was a congregational church in or near Peterhead
      early 1800's.
      And if so, is it around today. Just trying!

      Thanks,

      Susan Williamson
      Bellingham, WA
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 1998
        susan willilamson wrote:

        > Does anyone know if there was a congregational church in or near Peterhead
        > early 1800's.
        > And if so, is it around today. Just trying!

        Yes, my Mum seems to think it is on the corner of Queen and King
        Street. Had a look in "Old Peterhead", which has a section on churches,
        but no mention of the congregational church. I do remember seeing
        transcribing marriages 1850-60s and seeing Congregational.

        Regards, Wade
      • susan willilamson
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 12, 1998
          Thank you very much Wade for the info. I'm having one heck of a time trying
          sort out the history of the protestant church in Scotland--it's very complex
          to me!
          I'm guessing that the period that I'm trying to pin down in
          Peterhead--1830-40ish--was one of those transitional times. Thanks again!

          Susan