Re: [Peterhead] Lax/Lox Fishermen

  • Bruce Milne
    Message 1 of 4 , May 27, 2002
      Well, I think I have the answer to the question that has had us all sitting
      on the edges of our seats..........and I didn't get it from my Jewish
      brothers-in-law but rather from my next door neighbour who used to live in
      Germany and told me that "lachs" is German for salmon, ergo" lox" comes
      from Yiddish.

      There, it's done. I hope everyone sleeps better tonight.

      Regards............Bruce

      comes from Yiddish.