Re: REID/RAINIE

  • Colin Gordon
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 16, 1998
      Hi all. I'm looking for a Mr. Reid who married Murray-Mitchel (strange name
      for a girl allright!) Gordon (born February 9, 1841 and died October 8,
      1928) She is buried in the Peathill Kirkyard.

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 16, 1998
        HI Jeanine,

        J&C Greig wrote:
        > Yes, you did send me the 1841 census info thanks. Are you sure
        > about being able to get the death certificate for $6? I know pre 1855
        > certificates can be ordered this way but I didn't think post 1855 ones
        > could.

        The LDS have film the Scottish Certificates BDM from 1855 to 1875, and
        1881. So if you go to your local LDS FHC (Braeside?) and look at the
        Locality Catalogue (on microfiche) for Scotland Civil Registration,
        Deaths 1875 that cover No.161a (St.Nicholas). You get the orginal
        certificate which most times has the witnesses signature.

        I have been transcribing and indexing all the Peterhead death
        certificates, probably completed about a 1/3.

        > By the way, are any of her REIDs on the 1852 crew agreement you have?

        Not yet, but only upto boat names with "I". Will let you know if I find
        anything.

        Regards, Wade.
      • C&J Greig
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 8, 1998
          Hi Wade,
          Thanks for looking for a Rennie/Davidson marriage, I checked the
          IGI but couldn't find anything either. I think my next step will have to be
          finding Sutherland REID on the 1871 Aberdeen census to see if Peterhead is
          given as her place of birth.
          Regards,
          Jeanine.