Re: [Peterhead] Peterhead Photos

  • Elisabeth Wilson
    Message 1 of 10 , May 20 7:30 AM
      At 01:45 pm 19/05/2002, you wrote:
      >Elizabeth, try the Yahoo site that Wade had given last week
      >http://groups.yahoo.com/ . You may have to register to be a part of the
      >"Peterhead Group". Once you have registered you will want to "join" the
      >Peterhead Group which once you are on the Peterhead Group's main page
      >you will be given several options. You can read archived messages or
      >post messages (you'll see yours there and mine) but you will want to
      >select "Photos" which will take you right to the photo site.
      >Good Luck! Linda

      Thanks for this Linda. I did register (why did I have to, if I am already
      part of the group?) but it kept going round in circles - I would click on
      Peterhead group and it would tell me to register or whatever - and again...
      My husband who is a computer person was also helping and we just got
      frustrated. Do other people have this trouble? I am only sharing this
      because I'd like to see the photos, and even post some myself, and maybe
      others are giving up too. What am I doing wrong?

      Elisabeth Wilson
      South Hobart, Tasmania
      researching GORDON GIBB YOUNG SPENCE PAUL MURRISON CRAIG DAVIDSON
    • David and Cheryl Leslie
      Message 2 of 10 , May 21 4:51 AM
        Hi Elizabeth
        Me too - I get the messages vie email, but tried this procedure - obviously
        I don't speak enough American, as I clicked in so many places for a
        verification code to be emailed, but got nothing. I already had a username
        and password but they were used to no avail. Maybe Yahoo doesn't like
        Aussies.
        David Leslie
        -------------------------------------
        David and Cheryl Leslie
        Innisfail, Far North Queensland, Australia
        Website: http://www.users.bigpond.com/leslieslegends
        Email: leslieslegends@...
        > >Elizabeth, try the Yahoo site that Wade had given last week
        > >http://groups.yahoo.com/ . You may have to register to be a part of the
        > >"Peterhead Group". Once you have registered you will want to "join" the
        > >Peterhead Group which once you are on the Peterhead Group's main page
        > >you will be given several options. You can read archived messages or
        > >post messages (you'll see yours there and mine) but you will want to
        > >select "Photos" which will take you right to the photo site.
        > >Good Luck! Linda
        >
        > Thanks for this Linda. I did register (why did I have to, if I am already
        > part of the group?) but it kept going round in circles - I would click on
        > Peterhead group and it would tell me to register or whatever - and
        again...
        > My husband who is a computer person was also helping and we just got
        > frustrated. Do other people have this trouble? I am only sharing this
        > because I'd like to see the photos, and even post some myself, and maybe
        > others are giving up too. What am I doing wrong?
        >
        > Elisabeth Wilson
        > South Hobart, Tasmania
        > researching GORDON GIBB YOUNG SPENCE PAUL MURRISON CRAIG DAVIDSON

        ---
      • Mmm16dav@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 21 11:00 AM
          David,

          The list owner is an Aussie!!!!! with Peterhead connections of course-

          Margie

        • Donna Callaghan
          Message 4 of 10 , May 21 6:51 PM
            I too spent half an hour going around in circles on Yahoo groups. I
            have had the same problem before with another Yahoo group I belong to.
            By the time I had looked (unsuccessfully) through all the Frequently
            Asked Questions, I didn't have the energy to send Yahoo an email for
            help! :>) I'll try again later.

            Thank you for putting the photos up on the website though. I appreciate
            it and am really looking forward to seeing them.

            Donna
            Australia